Has anybody used CrazyLister?

Poster
webacc001
Kudos: 57
Has anybody used CrazyLister?
17 Sep 2016
Any thoughts on this anybody?

The reason I ask is I have read nothing but rave reviews everywhere I look but I'm not sure exactly what you get for the money.

Given that you can buy a decent ebay template (compatible with the upcoming Active Content rules) for the price of one month's CrazyLister subscription, I'm just trying to understand exactly what you get for your money.

It seems very expensive to me if you pay monthly, and while the annual fee offers a decent discount it's a lot to pay upfront. Am I missing something?
Israel Israel
max.crazylister
Kudos: 54
Re: Has anybody used CrazyLister?
19 Sep 2016
Hi,
I'm a co-founder at CrazyLister.
The thing about CrazyLister is that it's not your usual basic editor where you need to know html and design in order to create something that looks professional.
Main advantages:
1. It's the first time that a drag-and-drop editor is cretaed specifically for eBay listings, so all the professional elements you usually see in the big seller's listings could be created in 5 minutes with the CrazyLister editor.
2. Every template created with CrazyLister is compliant with eBay's policies and keeps updating as policies change. For example: the active content policy, if you created 100 listings 5 months ago with a designer then you will need to change all the 100 listings one by one, tedious work. But if you did it with CrazyLister you have to...do nothing, because CrazyLister does all the dirty work behind the scene which saves you money (can be thousands of dollars if you had over 200 listings).
3. CrazyLister is much more then a one-time template creation, it developed the world's only mobile eBay listings editor which allows you to make sure your listings look great on mobile, no other software has anything close to that.

We do have customers who complain from time to time, we are not perfect! But we take very seriously every customer request and work hard to benefit our users, hence the reviews.
I know it may look bit "too good to be true", but in any case you get 2 weeks free trial, no credit card no nothing, try it and I'll be more than happy to hear your feedback.

Max
UK United Kingdom
webacc001
20 Sep 2016
@max.CrazyLister

Thanks Max. I was really looking for an independent review as no business owner is going to give their own business or site a bad write up! But I appreciate your comments and the second point you made is one I had not considered fully. I'm at this point in the first place because I need to change my current soon-to-be non-compliant template.

I have had a short note from Victor on the site too and I'm currently evaluating the trial. It's not bad at all if I'm honest, I'm quite fussy with my listing detail but it's easier to use than my current template for the most part and it didn't take me too long to put together a decent listing.

I'm still concerned over pricing. What is meant by "managed listings" (e.g. in the price tables it quotes a price for "100 managed listings). If I have three similar items, say one each of three different colours of the same item, and I have created the second and third using eBay's "sell similar" function from the original CL template, does that count as three managed listings?

Thanks.

[Last edited: 20 Sep 2016]
Israel Israel
max.crazylister
20 Sep 2016
@webacc001 a managed listing is one that uses a CrazyLister template.
If you do "sell similar" then you apply a CrazyLister template on another listing, so you're using a CrazyLister design...that's another managed listing added to the total count.
The value CrazyLister brings is the design that increases conversion, so if you use the design on more listings you increase chances of selling, that's the added value.

Feel free to contact us with any questions, we are adding new features all the time to benefit the users and each feedback is critical to better understand how we can help and create a better solution.

Thank you
Max
UK United Kingdom
webacc001
20 Sep 2016
Thank you for clarifying that, that's as I thought it would be. I appreciate that the more you use it the more it costs, that's fair enough. I just wanted to be sure I had understood it correctly for future reference.
PA United States
devonmccee
Kudos: 37
20 Sep 2016
We are currently on a trial, I am not sure how I feel about paying $45 a month when I can purchase a template and have it created to match my personal website for a flat rate, this is where we are stuck. Plus we have over 2,000 listings. While I do see alot of good reviews for this application there are others out there who offer ebay template design and you aren't obligated to them monthly forever. The total for CrazyLister for us is going to be around $540 per year. For a seller of our size www.frooition.com and www.ocdesignsonline.com www.trusky.com as well as some others are showing at lower rates then this so I'm not sure what we are personally going to end up doing. I hate the idea of being stuck with a monthly fee, we already get enough fees taken from our sales.

webacc001 wrote:

Any thoughts on this anybody?

The reason I ask is I have read nothing but rave reviews everywhere I look but I'm not sure exactly what you get for the money.

Given that you can buy a decent ebay template (compatible with the upcoming Active Content rules) for the price of one month's CrazyLister subscription, I'm just trying to understand exactly what you get for your money.

It seems very expensive to me if you pay monthly, and while the annual fee offers a decent discount it's a lot to pay upfront. Am I missing something?
Israel Israel
max.crazylister
20 Sep 2016
@devonmccee Thank you for your thoughts, an annual plan will cost you 20% less so not $540, but $432.
As I replied to webacc001, we are not comparing ourselves with someone like Frooition since we offer an entirely different experience:

1. Drag-and-drop editor - no coding skills required

2. Do it yourself - enabling simple folks like you and me to create something that looks professional with the help of 100+ designer made templates.

3. This one is probably the most important aspect:
The idea is that design affects sales, it's based on multiple researches in the eCommerce industry (happy to bring examples), so once you create a listing you can get a lot more sales out of it if you continue to optimize it. We wrote about it quite a lot in our blog and shared how we were able to increase sales by more than 220% with just listing optimization.

Eventually it's up to you to decide how do you go about increasing your sales, some do it through design, some reduce prices, some expend to new channels and so on.
It's much easier to convince more people to buy (they are already on your listing...now they need to be convinced that you offer the best deal), then to start developing a new channel (Amazon, etc.).
I've been selling on eBay for over 9 years and that's my own experience, that was one of the main motivations to creating CrazyLister, a solution by eBay sellers for eBay sellers.

In addition, we will soon introduce new features that will bring more value at the same price level, CrazyLister is far from being optimized...as much as we believe in listing optimization we believe in improving CrazyLister to bring more and more value.

Max
UK United Kingdom
webacc001
20 Sep 2016
@devonmccee

Thank you, yes my thoughts to the letter. I have 800+ listings and slowly increasing but most are low value items. While I was looking around for reviews I note that previously they only had two tariffs, the highest of which was around $8-$9 as I understood it.

I do like it but an annual fee is too much to tie up when I could be using $420 for stock and $45 a month (or the UK equivalent, bearing in mind we'll get a poor exchange rate through Paypal too) is just far too high and $432 a
year is still expensive for an ebay lister.

100 listings for the mid-tier is too low and I think it should be 500 although even that wouldn't be enough for us. We could do with getting rid of a lot of the low value ones which are a waste of time really but it still wouldn't make it any cheaper as it stands.

Possible future price increases? It would be a lot of work to switch to somebody else again. As it stands I'm not sure what to do. I'm not a fan of monthly plans either and I just dumped Photoshop at £9 a month in favour of a one-off photo-editing software which is more than good enough for ebaying.
Israel Israel
max.crazylister
20 Sep 2016
@webacc001 Just one more note regarding the value, have you tried using our mobile listing editor? (the one where you can switch from desktop view to mobile view and control how your listings will look on mobile) ?
UK United Kingdom
webacc001
20 Sep 2016
@max.CrazyLister

Yes I have Max, but doesn't anything done in HTML5, which will become the norm pretty quickly, do the same anyway?

I'm having a good look at CL at the moment while it's quiet on ebay and I have the time so I can give it a fair assessment. These are just a few observations to date.
Israel Israel
max.crazylister
20 Sep 2016
@webacc001 HTML5 provides you with the possibilities to create responsive designs, but it doesn't do it for you...you have to know how to apply HTML5 for mobile.
That's where the value is created.

Happy to hear any further feedback as you continue using CL, you can reach out to me or Victor anytime.

Max
UK United Kingdom
webacc001
20 Sep 2016
Yes, that's fair comment

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister