Multi-channel listing software

Poster
greenguy
Kudos: 37
Multi-channel listing software
25 Sep 2016
Hello

We sell on Amazon (UK,DE,FR etc), ebay UK and Magento website.
We use Linnworks for inventory and order management.
We are happy with it.
We are looking for a tool or software to make product listing easy on multiple platforms.
Linnlive -- we found it was not adequate.

Can someone suggest please.

Regards

Greenguy
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
Re: Multi-channel listing software
27 Sep 2016
@greenguy

I'm curious, are you creating new listings on Amazon or just listing existing products? I often find that the bulk tools that Amazon provides are usually ok for existing products. Even for new products they aren't too bad. I use SixBit for eBay. They just released support for Amazon but I've not used (probably won't). With so many options for shopping carts, I cannot see too much support for individual shopping carts - even for a large market like Magento.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
29 Sep 2016
@greenguy

Good luck with your quest, and if you find the right solution, please let me know.

Like you, we currently use Linnworks and find the range of configurators etc to be very confusing and not an ideal way of listing at all.

We tend to do it the old fashioned (and very time consuming) way of manually entering all new products on the different sales channels. Certainly not ideal, but it does save us from the problem of an automated listing service listing our products against an existing listing / ASIN that is either incorrect or poorly translated.

We don't even use any of the translation services available for eBay or Amazon, such as WebInterpret, due to problems with them in the past. We have also used the services of students to do the translations, but now we have a few folk on Fiverr that we use instead. Quicker, more reliable, and a hell of a lot cheaper as well.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,622
29 Sep 2016
A couple of posts have been deleted because it's against our policy for suppliers to post recommending their own product.

www.webretailer.com/forum/174-community-guidelines.asp

No more posts from suppliers please unless @greenguy specifically says he wants their input. Suppliers can send PMs about their products/services though.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
greenguy
1 Oct 2016
@Jax Music Supply
Sorry for the late reply.
We do new listings on Amazon.
About using upload files -- If I have listed a product manually on Amazon and I want to edit it - say rewrite the description, can I do it by upload file.
Any idea?
Regards
greenguy
1 Oct 2016
I am thinking of using ChannelAdvisor. Does anybody have experience using it?
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
3 Oct 2016
@greenguy

I believe you can do it via upload. Upload is the way to go when creating lots of products. If you are just creating one here or there then you don't need. I cannot recommend Channel Advisor, I found it was a waste of money and the service was horrible. You can read the reviews here on webretailer.
greenguy
4 Oct 2016
@Jax Music Supply
Thank you very much Jax.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
5 Oct 2016
@greenguy

Use the 'Inventory Loader' file from Amazon to edit descriptions, details etc. Results when we tried it were more hit than miss, though we probably spent more time checking / manually editing errors than if we had done it manually in the first place.

Good luck with CA. We were bombarded with sales people 4 or 5 years ago and it took forever to get a price from them, which we politely laughed at and turned down. However many use them so they could be the right choice for you.

Check the integrations, your contract length, and your get out clauses just in case, as this is what most dissatisfied users complain about.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro