Instagram & eBay
Closed

Poster
john199
Kudos: 98
Instagram & eBay
27 Sep 2016
Hey guys, has anyone had any success selling through Instagram? Looks like a solution to consider?
Hong Kong Hong Kong
chutidejdp
Kudos: 31
Re: Instagram & eBay
28 Sep 2016
I am in Hong Kong, I do not have Instagram personally but my staff like to buy products online and her most favorite platform is Instagram..

My family live in Thailand, my daughter just started (3 months ago)to buy products from China and also sell in Instagram, the result is much better than I expected, I can say it is work well here in Asia..
Poland Poland
john199
28 Sep 2016
great! thanks for the answer. so it's worth considering nice!
just need to think of a good strategy. Need to read more about it or do you by any chance have some good advices?

[Last edited: 28 Sep 2016]
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,311
29 Sep 2016
@john199

We gave both Instagram and Pinterest a try at the beginning of the year and had absolutely nothing from Instagram, but a steady supply from Pinterest so we knocked Instagram on the head a couple of months ago. Pinterest is so easy, we list a product on our website, 'Pin It' and that's it. Two clicks is all it takes.

Obviously results will vary depending on what you are selling as well as quality of images etc. but why not try both if you can and see what the results are like.

When we were researching the two, we found that there are several companies that will 'help' you sell / promote your products for a fee. Don't bother unless you can really afford to. Continue to do what you are doing and ask for help from individuals and hope that spending your time, and not money, pays off.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Hong Kong Hong Kong
chutidejdp
Kudos: 31
29 Sep 2016
@Bigian13 Thank you for your impreesive Pinterest information, I will try to do that, for Instagram it may different from each others, my children now already pass 3 months Instagram and get 3000 organic followers and their sale amount increase day by day, they are targeting 10,000 followers within this year.. the number of followers is proportionally relevant to your marketing and sale amount..and I agree that we should keep going spend your valuable time and not your valuable money )
Poland Poland
john199
29 Sep 2016
@Bigian13 wow thanks. didn't expect Pinterest could be so powerful! great to know I think I will give it a go with both and see what the results are. Can you link to your store on Pinterest?
Bigian13
29 Sep 2016
@john199

On each of our products there is a 'Pin it' button that pins the item to our Pinterest board. It then shows the item, and title on your board and when a user clicks on the image it takes them straight to the item on your website.

If another user pins the image to their board, the link goes with it so that they are in effect 'advertising' your product and website for you. If another user re pins from that board again the link goes with it etc etc

There is an analytics page so that you can see your most popular pins, Rich Pins, and of course paid for promotions (Which we do not use as we do not like spending money !).

It costs you nothing so is worth a go.
Supplier
New York United States
Amzpecty
Kudos: 91
4 Oct 2016
DISCLOSURE: I represent a software developer creating a tool in Amazon. However, the next comments are mine and not my company's.

Instagram is very popular for those that like to browse pictures, because it gives a very convenient platform to browse and instantly interact with posts. Thus, Instagram represents a good opportunity to develop an online "catalogue" that your fans can browse through.

The user above me has done a great explanation of how Pinterest can be used for viral marketing, and I have nothing else to elaborate on that.
Pricing can make or break an e-commerce website. You can check competitor quantity and pricing on Amazon now with Amzpecty.
Poland Poland
john199
5 Oct 2016
thanks again guys. do you maybe recommend some other cool tools which are likely to help driving our sales? I've checked instagram for few hashtags, like #ebayshop #ebaystore, and it's really crazy! there is a MASSIVE number of online sellers!
Supplier
Morrisville United States
Stephanie Strong
Kudos: 49
5 Oct 2016
Why use Instagram:
50% follow business on Instagram
60% learn more about business on Instagram
75% have followed Instagram business to learn more about the company and/or products

THINK
Make sure you think of the objective:
How is it building my brand? Company?
What audience am I trying to capture?
How do I make the product ‘alive’?

CREATE
Be creative and move mobile camera in and out
- 3.4% CTR increase
- 11x lower CPC
- 48x more clicks
Create your images like art
Create multiple images with the one photo
Create action with images

Mobile Applications to Use:
Quick App Editor
360 Photo
VidLab
Stop Motion
App Play More
Creative Shop
Gif Editor
KnockOut
PicLab

I hope this helps. Facebook owns Instagram and both are pulling market share from Google. Think long term objectives.
Supplier
Morrisville United States
Stephanie Strong
Kudos: 49
5 Oct 2016
@john199

Hi John, I have completed recent research and found these links to be helpful:
www.shortstack.com/118-most-po...gs-2016-for-business-and-life/
www.shortstack.com/75-popular-instagram-tags-you-should-be-using/

Here is also a generic short compelling lists of Instagram's top 75 hashtags.
Automotive
#cars, #ride, #drive, #sportscar, #speed, #vehicles, #street
Beauty
#eyes, #beauty, #hair, #makeup
Fashion
#fashion, #girl, #pretty, #self,
Seasonal
#sun, #christmas, #summer, #sky,
Shoes
#mcm, #wcw, #fitness, #workout, #look
Toys
#family, #friends, #baby, #art, #fun
General
#food, #life, #red, #black, #pink, #travel, #smile, #cool
Bigian13
12 Oct 2016
@Stephanie Strong

I am being cynical (yet again) but where do you get your facts from ?

50% follow business on Instagram
60% learn more about business on Instagram
75% have followed Instagram business to learn more about the company and/or products
Just interested as it it is similar to the sales speak we had from CA that they could not justify. Long story short, but they made claims about their software that they could not back up. A regular problem if you read their reviews on this forum.

[Last edited: 12 Oct 2016]
Philippines Philippines
Yeongwonhi
Kudos: 88
17 Oct 2016
Hey John199,

Instagram is one of the most enjoyable platforms to sell to, as you see more of the pictures itself. Also, more and more people are selling into Instagram as most people would rather scroll on pictures and a brief description than wordy ones.

Also, a lot of businesses have been thriving and have been successful in selling in Instagram, even the small-time ones.

Furthermore, it's free! What is there to lose?

Looking forward to having you on the Instagram platform soon!

Cheers!
Poland Poland
john199
21 Oct 2016
@Yeongwonhi thanks for your advice. And do you have any experience in terms of sponsored posts on Instagram?
Canterlot High Philippines
Milliardo
Kudos: 25
25 Oct 2016
in general, social media is a good platform to sell or promote your business. People use them often, and if you have a wide network then you can reach out to many people. So it would be good to post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and others to reach out to many people.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware