Conversational Commerce & Sales

Poster
Dean.it
Kudos: 69
Conversational Commerce & Sales
3 Oct 2016
Hello everyone,

My name is Saad & I am one of the founders of a company that facilitates selling through chat platforms. I guess I could be considered as a chat commerce expert.
I decided to become a member of this awesome community because I have so much to learn from you all, and I am so excited to do so!

For those of you who might not know, conversational commerce is the use of text messaging for shopping purposes.
I bet most of you you have made at least one sale through a chat medium; i.e. SmS, FB, WeChat, WhatsApp, KiK..

It is important to make sure you understand how and what it takes to start selling via chat. However once you get it right, the results are extremely rewarding.

Let me know if you have any questions. Personal message me, comment below or email me at saad@zbooni.com and I would be happy to help out and advise you in any way I can.

[Last edited: 3 Oct 2016]
Supplier
New York United States
Amzpecty
Kudos: 91
Re: Conversational Commerce & Sales
4 Oct 2016
Hi there!

You seem to have an innovative and unusual business model there, my friend. Best wishes on that.

I'm just curious, however - how different is that from the direct selling model? It seems to be a text-based version of cold calling or telemarketing.

Cheers!

~Lloyd
Pricing can make or break an e-commerce website. You can check competitor quantity and pricing on Amazon now with Amzpecty.
San Francisco United States
Dean.it
4 Oct 2016
@Amzpecty
Hello Lloyd,

Actually it is more of a sales channel than a business model. Many large and small companies/businesses around the world have realized the effectiveness of doing business through chat.
Let me explain; conversational commerce is not a marketing method. Even though it is a great way to re-market to customers, it is important to understand that it is usually focused on inbound traffic. In other words, cold calling and too many outbound messages to customers will most likely be counter-productive and end up annoying the clients.

Think of it this way, buyers want to be able to purchase a plane ticket and order Chinese food in the same way/place they speak to their friends. Business who realize that and are flexible enough to utilize it see the instant increase in sales. It could be allowing customers to message them on FB messenger or add their number and speak to them on WhatsApp. Businesses should be available on the platform that is dominant in the region they are operating in.

I hope this clarifies a little more about what chat commerce is about.

Let me know if you have any questions. Personal message me, comment below or email me at saad@zbooni.com and I would be happy to help out and advise you in any way that I can.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
4 Oct 2016
@Dean.it

It does seem like a possible opening. If you could post more details on this forum, especially about how the payment is made by the customer when purchasing goods, I am sure that it would be of benefit to many others.

However, the sceptic in me is making an appearance again.

Your website is very vague about what the product is and how it works, not ideal for a future customer. Also on your website it states
It takes minutes to setup. Oh, and It's Free.
Which according to your terms and conditions it isn't but no mention of price. This is a pet hate of mine when people expect you to sign up for a service, even a free trial, without giving an indication of cost unless you specifically ask.

I also notice from your facebook page that you do not like to provide information about the product openly, preferring to instant message the details.

For what is going to be possibly the most asked question, why not tell people openly. Saves them and you time.

[Last edited: 4 Oct 2016]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Dean.it
5 Oct 2016
Hello @Bigian13,

Thank you for your curiosity and taking the time to visit our site. Like you have already noticed and stated, our landing page is still lacking in design and information. The reason for that actually is that we just started moving out of beta and are focusing our efforts and resources on building a solid/stable product. Also we haven't spent any time on marketing or advertising and most of our growth is organic inbound traffic.
I would also like to mention that the reason why we say it's free is because we really do not take any fee, percentage or rate from our customers. We don't plan on implementing any model that lets us monetise from sellers at this point in time.
I invite you to create an account and take a look at what we have built so far; we welcome any and all feedback!

To answer your question about payment, larger businesses use services provided by companies such as Facebook. However smaller businesses, due to lack of resources, consider online payment an obstacle especially in emerging markets. Unless you live in a location that services such as Venmo or WeChat operate in, payment to smaller businesses is restricted to inconvenient methods such as bank transfers or money wiring through the nearest WesternUnion.

That is one of the many obstacles we solve at Zbooni. We provide payment options to smaller businesses through the chat medium that business is using to communicate with customers, facilitating a sale.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification about conversational commerce and its affect on businesses. Personal message me, comment below or email me at saad@zbooni.com and I would be happy to help out and advise you in any way I can!
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
12 Oct 2016
@Dean.it

Okay, so if I understand it correctly, you are not offering a chat medium but are offering a payment process for those on a chat medium. Is that correct ? The reason for asking is that you still have not said directly what your service is.

In my honest, and probably little valued opinion, retailers that can be bothered to have a 'chat' presence more than likely have an online store. If this is the case they will already have an online payment method whether Skrill, PayPal or their own merchant / others.

If you are marketing an online payment method you willl need to be more open about it. If you are not then I do apologise for getting it wrong.

On the one occasion, during many years of ecommerce, that a customer has tried to buy from us during facebook chat, we created an order and provided a link to their cart on our website which they completed within seconds. No extra third party processing the payment.

If I have got your solution incorrect then do please say, and tell us exactly what you are offering.

With regards to your website, a pet hate of mine is to have an incomplete site selling attempting to sell a product. You would not have a bricks and mortar store open until the window was dressed, so why is the internet different ?

Just my opinion.

[Last edited: 12 Oct 2016]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Dean.it
12 Oct 2016
@Bigian13
No opinion has little value, thank you for sharing your thoughts and taking the time to voice them.

To answer your first question, payment through chat is just one of the many features that we provide. We focus on providing smaller businesses with features that they are not yet eligible or capable of having due to financial and maturity reasons. We also aim to provide any business with the fundamental base to facilitate a sale through chat. To clarify even further, some of these features, besides payment, include an intelligent CRM, as well as discounted live shipping rates. To help put it into prospective, we built all the capabilities of a traditional e-commerce website into a chat platform.
As I have mentioned in a previous post, some of the basic reasons why conversational commerce is effective is because buyers want a chance to ask questions and negotiate while sellers want the power to drive a sale and up-sell.

As for our website, we are in the process of releasing a clearer and redesigned page. As I have also mentioned before, we have just moved out of beta and have not marketed or advertised our product publicly yet. Many of our users are those of whom we have established an understanding relationship with hence allowing us to keep a temporary MVP landing page. We at Zbooni insist on having everything aesthetically polished and functionally sound before attempting to publicize our product.

The reason why I have decided to join this forum is because I believe it is crucial to learn and discuss with those who have dug roots and have extensive experience such as yourself. We want to build a product that helps with the pains sellers feel in an innovative and effective way.

If you have any questions or need any further clarifications please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics