Does chat commerce convert higher than an e-commerce site?

Poster
Dean.it
Kudos: 69
Does chat commerce convert higher than an e-commerce site?
6 Oct 2016
Hello community,

Many sellers ask me if they should adopt chat commerce to their day to day business activities and use it as a channel to reach and increase sales.

Conversational commerce, which I will refer to as CC from now on, is the use of chat applications by businesses to reach customers and convert sales. Today with chat platforms being the most downloaded and used applications in the world and chat BOTS being the topic of the year, CC is an inevitable development that most businesses will want to utilise. But the question is, does it really convert higher than a traditional e-commerce website?

Think of it this way, people want to talk to other people. It's in our nature. When it comes to commerce, buyers want to talk to sellers. Whether they want to ask about quality, material, color, return policies or even ask for the seller's opinion, buyers feel secure knowing that there is someone on the other end assuring them. On the other hand most sellers want to talk to their buyers. Having the ability to physically drive a sale is power. Sellers get the chance to up-sell, give special discounts and most importantly improve their customer relationships (oh & less abandoned carts!). So if done properly, CC will directly and positively affect sales and is win-win across the board.

That being said however, there are a couple of things a seller must keep in mind. Until the CC market develops and chat BOTS become smarter, there is a significant amount of effort and time that the seller needs to put in. Creating a proper CRM, enabling online payment through chat, arranging shipping are amongst some of the basic annoyances that come with CC. Lets not forget that these chat platforms were never designed for business.

So if you are wondering if you should start considering CC as a business channel, you should trust that sooner or later every business will have to be be available on chat to be able to compete. If you want to have that competitive advantage, join the wave of adopters.

I hope this short article answers some of your questions.
Feel free to comment below, PM me or even email me at saad@zbooni.com if you have any more questions and I will be happy to answer and help out!

[Last edited: 6 Oct 2016]
Philippines Philippines
Yeongwonhi
Kudos: 88
Re: Does chat commerce convert higher than an e-commerce sit
2 Dec 2016
Hey Dean, great one. Honestly my first time to hear about chat commerce and I am keen to learn more.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
2 Dec 2016

Yeongwonhi wrote:

Hey Dean, great one. Honestly my first time to hear about chat commerce and I am keen to learn more.
This is the third time you have posted that it is your first time to hear about chat commerce. I suggest you go to your doctor for a checkup as you seem to have amnesia.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
Today at 4:56am
@Andy

ROFL!

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister