Adapting Chat Commerce to Different Regions

San Francisco United States
Kudos: 64
Adapting Chat Commerce to Different Regions
11 Oct 2016
Chat commerce is an inevitable result of record-high usage rates of chat platforms combined with a steady annual increase in online commerce & retail. When discussing conversational commerce and customer outreach, there are a few matters that are typically examined. On the top of that list is making the right choice when choosing the right chat app for business. If one ponders over why different regions use different chats, it wouldn’t be hard to realize that political, economical and social factors are the key causes of selective adoption.

Take a look at China, WeChat is the most used mobile application in that part of the world. Because of strict government censorship and tight surveillance, WeChat was the only chat option that users had. Needless to say, WeChat took advantage of their situation and grew to become the space for not only communication but it also touched a number of other features that range from reserving movie tickets to wiring money to friends.

WhatsApp on the other hand started in Europe as the first free cross-platform messaging application. Since people in that region had to pay an SMS fee every time they wanted to text friends who use other devices, WhatsApp spread like wildfire in many areas in and out of Europe including the Middle East. Another example of an economical factor could be seen in the UAE where a recent shift from WhatsApp to Facebook Messenger took place in the last month. Ever since Facebook Messenger VOIP has been unblocked, which allows users to make free calls over Wi-Fi, there has been a surge in FB Messenger downloads and usage.

Social factors are less subtle and easier to see. Snapchat, even though might not fall under the chat app category, strives from social and cultural affairs. A place where people could send snaps to other friends privately or create unique public filters for special events, Snapchat has a cool and young edge to it making it one of the fastest growing apps in the world. As a result many businesses today have began to utilize Snapchat as a means to market to and even communicate with their audience and customers.

Breaking down the reasons on why users adopt a certain chat, even though interesting, might not be exactly useful to most businesses. However what should be understood is that no matter why or what potential and existing clients are using, a business should concider the chat that is dominant in the region it’s operating in. More importantly, a business should also be flexible enough to adapt and adopt trending conversational spaces in their existing and targeted markets.

Let me know if you have any questions. Personal message me, comment below or email me at and I would be happy to help out and advise you in any way I can.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Kudos: 2,113
Re: Adapting Chat Commerce to Different Regions
12 Oct 2016

Okay, despite asking several times and getting no definitive answer, if I have a market such as say Sweden (which is very popular and profitable for us at the moment), how can your company help us ?

All current sales to Sweden are made through existing marketplaces such as eBay. Amazon, FRUUGO etc. with no online chat required and therefore no translation.

How does zbooni help us achieve more sales and therefore hopefully more profit ?
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
San Francisco United States
Kudos: 64
Re: Adapting Chat Commerce to Different Regions
12 Oct 2016

Hello again!
Was just replying to your last reply on my previous post; I hope it clarified what it is we try to do.

Your question here is valid and honest, the aim and purpose of commerce is the exchange of value and we all want to maximize value.
Throughout the years traditional e-commerce has proven to be a good way of reaching customers and new markets, nevertheless with the evolution of technology and the increase of competition it might not be the most effective way. Chat commerce (CC) has proven to be a powerful way to communicate, create and maintain customer relationships as well as increase sales due to customer convenience.

Adopting chat as a sales channel does not mean opting out the traditional method of e-commerce, it simply means reaching out to a market segment that prefers to purchase in the most convenient and communicative way.
Not speaking the language would definitely be a barrier but as the CC market develops and as bots become smarter, communicating in different languages will become easier and easier. But until then, being part of the first wave of adopters and using CC in countries that you can easily communicate with today is what will give you that competitive edge tomorrow.

Zbooni aims to be the structural foundation that helps you do business through chat. Zbooni would provide multi-agent capabilities, a convenient way to share your product catalogue, automated CRM, discounted live shipping rate options, payment options and more all while we further develop our own bot.

I would be glad to further explain if anything still seems to be unclear.
Hope this helped!

2nd Office