Dropshipping - what are some of the better Honest

Poster
farri
Kudos: 15
Dropshipping - what are some of the better Honest
15 Oct 2016
Hi

I am new to the world of drop shipping and would like a straightforward and simple method of operating one.

I would like to ask you if you know of any good , reliable & honest drop shippers who will provide various incentives such as a website to sell products from, (I have been told that some do)

I am hoping for a drop shipping company that will provide me with an automated selling system.

Also I would like to deal with a drop shipper that does not charge a fee.

I should mention I know the basic concept of drop shipping BUT I would like a simplified explanation of how to go about operating a drop shipping business .

I would also add that I live in Canada and do not have any kind of merchant account but I do have a PayPal account - would a PayPal account be enough to operate a drop shipping business ?

I do expect to be involved in the work but I am trying/hoping to find a method & Co. so that eventually work on my part will minimized but I do NOT expect it to be a eliminated, (of course though that would be a nice - ?).

Thank you Craig
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,254
Re: Dropshipping - what are some of the better Hone
20 Oct 2016
@farri

Dropshipping, my second favourite subject !!

There are sites such as Alibaba and many others that have sellers that enable people like you to set up dropshipping websites. Please check these people out thoroughly before going into business with them though.

One of the biggest problems that I have found with dropshippers is the lack of customer service, often referring customers to the original seller with questions rather than dealing with them themselves. Why should sellers do that for no reward ?

You are asking not only for a seller that will provide you with a selling system but one without fees ! What is in it for them ?

There are sites such as Shopify where you can set up your own T shirt business in minutes if that is the way you want to go.

Unfortunately many suppliers are getting fed up with the lack of respect / help from dropshippers and are therefore limiting their supply of products. We are one..

Find a product that you have an interest in (makes it easier to sell) and then research sellers of that product and see if any will drop ship for you. If not, move on.

Without wanting to seem nasty, if dropshipping was that easy and profitable, everybody would be doing it. Mind you, Wayfair seem to be making money out of it, but they are not a start up.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: Dropshipping - what are some of the better Hone
25 Oct 2016

farri wrote:

I would like to ask you if you know of any good , reliable & honest drop shippers who will provide various incentives such as a website to sell products from, (I have been told that some do)
Are you thinking of a service like Inventory Source or Doba?

www.webretailer.com/categories/product-sourcing.asp?category=234

Main problem (if you completely rely on them for sourcing) is that everybody has access to the same suppliers, so all you can compete on is price.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro