Looking for auction searching software with specific feature

Poster
ssjw1000
Kudos: 20
Looking for auction searching software with specific feature
9 Jul 2007
Hi,

i'm wondering if anyone can help answer a question? I have recently tried a couple of apps to help track and monitor auctions that am interested in, which are proving very useful.

I find valuable in particular those that have the feature to show and notify you by email about newly listed 'buy-it-now' auction. However I wondered if anyone could tell me which ones would provide me with the ability to find auctions ending within a specified amount of time and email notification to me? The one I have is excellent but is frustrating because the 'auction ending within' feature only goes as low as 6 hours, so I can't search systematically for auctions ending soon (say within the next 30 mins)... particularly tough in the categories i like to search in.

Also, more importantly... I was wondering if any application actually gives you the option to use there support servers to do the searching rather than being locally driven? I can't keep my pc on constantly but would be willing to pay for a service that carries out the searches for you and notifies you by email (so that I can pick it up on my phone mail account for example)

Thanks in advance.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Re: Looking for auction searching software with specific fea
9 Jul 2007
Hi, welcome to the site

To summarise: you are in the UK (I think) and you want a web-based tool which will search for auctions ending soon and email you a notification if it finds any that match your criteria.

Let's start with web-based searchers for eBay.co.uk (a short list of 11).

AuctionFinal.com looks promising (it can find auctions ending within 5 minutes) but there are no email notifications or keyword searching (category only). Also, it only finds auctions with zero bids. Still, if you are hunting for bargains it may be useful when you are able to search manually.

Auction Shadow does everything you want, but I think it will only email once per day.

Those are the best options I can see in that area. If you could keep your PC on for longer and use a desktop-based searcher that would give you more choices.

I would appreciate it if you could leave a review or two for the tools you have tried.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
United States United States
AuctionSleuth
Kudos: 30
10 Jul 2007
AuctionSleuth will do everything you want.

www.auction-sleuth.com
Supplier
MA United States
Integrinet
3 Aug 2007
Hello,

AutomatedSearches.com

will automatically search eBay up to every 15 minutes and send an email when a buy-it-now matching your search is listed. It runs on the website's server so your computer doesn't have to be on.

AutomatedSearches.com

Thanks,
Dave

[Last edited: 3 Aug 2007]
Set up Free Automated eBay Searches
AutomatedSearches.com
Supplier
MA United States
Integrinet
9 Aug 2007
AutomatedSearches.com will also search for regular auctions too.

Dave
Set up Free Automated eBay Searches
AutomatedSearches.com

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager