Track Fees and Total sales per individual item

Poster
los123
Kudos: 30
Track Fees and Total sales per individual item
31 Jul 2007
I've spent countless hours trying to find out if there is any software that lets me do this. I've spoken with ebay chat support 3 times and have found out Selling Manager pro does not do this.
I need the ability to get reports on fees and total sales for each of my individual items, so I can see which ones sell the best and give me the most profit. So if I am selling a blue shirt and a red shirt, I would like to see total fees and sales for the month of June for the red shirt only. Does anyone know of any software that will do this? Thank you.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Track Fees and Total sales per individual item
1 Aug 2007
Hi, welcome to the site

You need an auction management program that lists items from inventory product lines (or SKU) then allows you to report on each SKU.

Take a look through the Multichannel Solutions in the directory. You should find a number of programs that will do that.

If you have any further requirements I will try and narrow down the options for you.

[Last edited: 27 Oct 2016]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
los123
1 Aug 2007
Thanks Andy. There's so many and really I have no clue. My needs are fairly basic. All I really want is to be able to get sales reports for individual items on a month by month basis, and then something that can list items automatically would be good too but really I can use selling manger pro for that.
Do you know of anyone that is better than the others for something simple like that? Thanks again.
Andy
1 Aug 2007
I think you will need to use the same tool for listing and reporting, as it will need to be able to tie your auctions back to inventory items to be able to report on sales per item.

The low-cost desktop solutions that I think support this are SpoonFeeder, Auction Wizard 2000, AuctionSage, and eBay Blackthorne. AuctionSage has a particularly good reputation.

There are higher-end (mostly web based) solutions that will do what you want and much more, but it sounds like you don't want to push your business to that level yet.

Another approach to this problem would be a tool that just analyzes your sales, you can find these in the Sales Analysis category, but I am not familiar with any of those tools so can't recommend. If you can find one that will report by keyword that might work for you.

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
los123
1 Aug 2007
Thanks. I contacted AuctionSage to ask if their software does what I need. Will post back here when I find out.
los123
17 Aug 2007
I talked with support at Auction Sage, here was the response.

"ebay makesit impossible to track fees for a given item unless you ran only qty 1 for sale on all listings. Therefore AS only reports the total fees on a monthly basis"

My reply: "Well, with everything I sell, every item is fixed price, and every time, there is only one that is for sale at a time. Is this what you mean when you say "unless you ran only qty 1 for sale on all listings"?"

their response "Under those conditions (only 1 of a given item number for sale) it would be possible to track total fees per item. However, AS does not do this since that is not the case with all users"
Andy
17 Aug 2007
Hi again, thanks for posting AuctionSage's reply. It's a shame that they don't do that.

If you are handy with Excel, you could probably build your own using 3-Clicks - it's an Excel add-on that provides lots of eBay-specific functions. It has functions for listing fees and final value fees.
terake10701
Kudos: 70
29 Aug 2007
i suggest you check with inkFrog.com they track that information.
Supplier
ChannelMAX
Kudos: 256
29 Aug 2007
Hi All,

From an individual eBay listing analysis, these are the main constituents that you need to look at

1) ListingFee (cost)
2) FVF (cost)
3) PayPal Fee (cost)
4) ShippingFee (cost)
5) RelistCredit (if any) (credit)

Since every item in EBay does not sell, you will have to aggregate your cost, credit, revenue and itemcost to derive at the final number.

You want to make sure that you select a vendor that has a complete picture.

Thanks
Paul
www.ChannelMAX.Net

[Last edited: 29 Aug 2007]
Seller1
Kudos: 385
31 Aug 2007
You have hit on a great topic and I don't think it's been answered by any software. If someone wants to build it with me, let's get started! In the meantime, I have a system that I use with my clients that works pretty well. It just requires figuring out the cost of each item and all fees while logging in your item into your inventory. You can also check through your accounting software how your items did over a period of time. I find that's the best tool.

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor