Auction software

Poster
Raven
Kudos: 110
Re: Auction software
26 Aug 2007
rw Auction pro isn't bad, it is pricey though.

However, (and someone please correct me if this isn't allowed)
I have the most current version on CD and a valid license I purchased last year I am looking to sell.

The only difference between buying a new license and buying the one I have is you won't get their one time free install. All other support from Rainworx is still intact and will transfer to whom ever buys my license for half the cost of a new one.

And please forgive me if I am out of line with this.
esm
United States United States
esm
Kudos: 75
26 Aug 2007
Is it V5.0 that includes the reverse auction feature?
Raven
26 Aug 2007
Yup, it's the latest version and a brand new unopened disk Steve sent to me about a week and a half ago.
esm
esm
26 Aug 2007
Why did you buy it in the first place if you don't intend to use it?
Raven
27 Aug 2007
That's an honest question!! LMAO

I bought this to add to a site I had already built, took a lot of time to make it match and blend in with the rest of the sites theme but it worked.

When I sold the site earlier this year the new owner didn't want the auction section so I sold him the site without it and kept the license.

Now I seem to own a program I have no use for as I have no plan or intention of building another site for it. Thus my loss can be your gain.

I do have some fairly minor issues with this program starting with the fact it requires a Windows server and ending with the fact they didn't set ALL the backgrounds and fonts to the CSS style sheet which would have made my job easier in making it match an existing site. Other than that it seems to be a good stable program that has been well thought out, and Steve and company do offer excellent customer support. I did a lot of homework before buying this, I wanted the best available for my site and this was/is IT.

As for me and Windows servers, I cut my teeth working on UNIX servers so perhaps it's just natural for me to prefer them over Windows. I also prefer my Range Rover over a Chevy Suburban, so sue me!! lol

The one thing I will suggest whether you buy my license or go with a new one, use one of the hosts Steve recommends for a virtual host or go dedicated. There are some server permissions required that some hosts don't like allowing and the main server time and database server time must be in sync.

Bottom line, yes even at half price this program is pricey, but as with most things in life you tend to get what you pay for.
esm
esm
27 Aug 2007
I would really like to use the hosting company I've been dealing with for the last 8 years. I'll have to find out if they can accomodate this software.

You mentioned the 50%, is that your price idea?

Thanks,

Ed
Raven
27 Aug 2007
Ok I won't ask how that posted twice!?!? lol

As for 50%, yea I would be happy with that and you (or someone else) would be getting a real fair deal on this program. I haven't talked to Steve about it but you could probably pay them to install it if you preferred and still be saving a chunk of change.

Check with your web host and maybe even talk to Steve, (you can find the number on the Rainworx website) and know I am giving you a straight deal with no funny business. And tell Steve he is welcome to do a 3 way call with you and I before 9:30am CST if yall would like.
esm
esm
27 Aug 2007
I checked with my web host and they use only Linux servers. I am wondering if this guy Steve would accept a deal without cutting me off future upgrades and enhancements?

Anyway, I'm still looking at other packages and I haven't made up my mind yet.

Thanks,

Ed
Raven
27 Aug 2007
Best thing to do is talk to him, from what I understand the only difference between buying my license or buying a new one is with a new one you get a one time free install. All the support and upgrades should be the same, but I would prefer you get that information directly from him so you know for sure and we don't end up with a misunderstanding.

I have this and don't need it, but I don't want to misrepresent it and leave someone feeling like I shafted them or pressured them into buying it.

As for webhosting, check out their list of hosts that they work with. The ones I looked into seem to be stable and reliable and the pricing packages are in the ball park with most other hosts. Eventually you may want to go dedicated if your site really gets going well but for getting started a virtual account is all you really need.
Raven
27 Aug 2007
Steve said I can give out the e-mail address and phone number if anyone has any questions for him.

sales@rainworx.com

802-878-8500

I can be contacted through buford74@lycos.com
If your in the lower 48 or Canada I have unlimited long distance if you want to send me a number. I can also do a 3 way call with Steve to clarify any information.
esm
esm
27 Aug 2007
Okay,

I will contact you when I'm getting close to making a decision.

Thanks again,

Ed
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OneToRemember
Kudos: 85
23 Apr 2008
I run rainworx on my site www.energybook.co.uk - www.wxtrade.com

It is good and the site runs well. I may even sell the site
www.EnergyBook.co.uk - the green, free alternative to ebay

www.OneToRemember.co.uk - sustianable living book and ebook shop

Please pop along and we would love to see you there!
India India
aalexgonzales
Kudos: 20
8 May 2008

esm wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this forum (maybe it's the wrong one) and I would like to ask if someone could recommend a decent, not so expensive, standalone auction software for a small auction website?

Thanks.
Hai,

Welcome to this forum. I bought Auction software from AJ Square Inc.
They provide the best Auction Software. AJ Auction Script is the latest and most advanced Auction script. As it is developed using the PHP and My SQL technology, it supports more new features. It has now introduced a new Auction Product Web 2.0 with all exclusive and advanced features .

Refer: ajsquare.com

[Last edited: 8 May 2008]

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister