ChannelAdvisor, Kyozou, NetSuite, AucSage-or none of these?

Poster
Astor
Kudos: 25
ChannelAdvisor, Kyozou, NetSuite, AucSage-or none of these?
17 Aug 2007
Went to ebay live for answers on growing my online biz.
I've narrowed it to Channel Advisor, NetSuite, Kyozou, ChannelMAX, Auction Sage and Infopia.
or none of the above...you tell me what you think...

I currently sell vintage costume/fine jewelry, collectibles (under one ebay ID) & electronics etc on another ID (might split jewelry into vintage and contemporary in the future).
Some items are one-of-a-kind, designer pieces - others I have multiples (contemporary). Many items I relist over and over, thinking of it as 'advertising fees' - but maybe I was wrong - don't know - need stats to tell me. I'm in NYC, so I have access to wholesalers, importers etc...no lack of items for future growth past 'vintage' items. But some items start at .99c, so I don't want to incur huge 'fees' via yet another partner (besides ebay & Paypal & USPS!)
Hope I'm painting a picture for you...

Just found this site and ask for your learned opinion on who to try for Free Automated listing/scheduling, relist tracking/credits, potential website integration, record keeping and, VERY IMPORTANT---a mailing list capability accumulated from all sources (inc. paypal, ebay, website sales etc.)

I'm a designer, so I don't really need templates or a site, but I'm open if it's cheap enough to save me the time/effort. I really need Record Keeping via Paypal w/shipping via USPS etc.

I'm not re-inventing the wheel here...there must be an inexpensive online management solution to get me started.

I'm not sure how much I want to grow yet - this season will be the deciding factor, so I want to be set up properly. Last year I simply used Turbo Lister and had no bookkeeping to speak of, but have records, none-the-less.

So I also need to back-track, if possible, for 2007. But not absolutely necessary. Right now, I want to focus on the new season.

Thanks in advance for any opinions...and for reading this very longgggg message! Hope I can help someone else in the future!

[Last edited: 17 Aug 2007]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
Re: ChannelAdvisor, Kyozou, NetSuite, AucSage-or none of the
3 Sep 2007
I'm giving this topic a bump to hopefully get some useful feedback for you.

To summarise:

• You sell a mixture of unique items and product lines
  • Some of your items start at only 99 cents so you don't have room for more per-item fees
  • Features you want include mailing list capability, record keeping, listing automation, and possibly website integration

• It sounds to me like you might not be ready for one of the enterprise-level solutions you mentioned like ChannelAdvisor Merchant or Kyozou. You might be better suited to an application for smaller businesses like AuctionSage or Laris (Laris runs on the Kyozou platform but is aimed at small to medium-sized businesses).

[Last edited: 20 Sep 2007]
    Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
    Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
    United States United States
    Astor
    Kudos: 25
    3 Sep 2007
    Hi and thank you so much for your response.

I actually began with AuctionSage but later moved to Auction Wizard 2000.

I must say that they seem to have the most comprehensive management solutions for small-moderate size online business, with an eye to scalability.

First, FULL integration with your OWN website - not just an ebay store....true scalability!
    Next, in one program, photo editing, ftp, email and best of all and most importantly, FREE listing scheduling/relists etc.

Auction Wizard has many, many other tools, but I'm a newbie and just starting to set-up the system. I'm just excited that I finally found that all-in-one solution that everyone said didn't exist...and here it is under everyone's nose!

I sell both one-of-a-kind items AND am begining to move towards stock with multiples for scalability (there's that word again).

The AuctionWizard 2000 forum is without equal...they REALLY CARE! I feel like I have a partner - and not one with it's hand constantly in my pocket for ever growing fees/licenses/commissions etc.

Thom the Tech gets back to you LITERALLY minutes after you hit the SEND button! Can't ask more than that, but you get it anyway with the great forum members like Judy/blue and tictictic.

AuctionWizard 2000 is a breath of fresh air and should be considered by an serious online entrepreneur.

And no, I have no affiliation with any of these companies - just a sole proprietor trying to grow a business.

And thank you again for your response...

[Last edited: 3 Sep 2007]
    Herts, England United Kingdom
    Andy
    Kudos: 11,616
    4 Sep 2007
    Hi Astor,

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you have found a solution that works for you.

If you have the time, a review of Auction Wizard 2000 and any others would be much appreciated.
    Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
    Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Ad-Lister
    Xpress Lister
    2nd Office
    ChannelAdvisor