Sniping software for sites other than eBay?

Poster
United States United States
JAW
Kudos: 30
Sniping software for sites other than eBay?
18 Sep 2007
RE sniping software:
Is anyone aware of any sniping products (desktop or web-based) that can be configured to snipe other auction sites BESIDES eBay, such as Yahoo! Japan auctions or auction sites that are run by specialty sellers (ex. sports collectibles). Thanks JAW

[Last edited by moderator: Clarified topic subject — 21 Sep 2007]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Re: Sniping software for sites other than eBay?
19 Sep 2007
Hi JAW,

The only one I know of that still supports non-eBay sites is Snip, which works on Polish site Allegro.

StealthBid used to support Amazon and uBid, and Bidnapper used to support Yahoo! Auctions (which has now closed in the US).

Yahoo! Auctions Japan: I read that they extend the auction by 5 minutes if you bid less than 5 minutes before the auction end, so sniping won't work there. I did find a curious service that will place a bid for you six minutes before the end!

I guess the sniping companies don't see the value of supporting other sites, when eBay is so dominant.

I'm curious: are you looking for a sniper for yourself, or do you have another reason for asking?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
JAW
JAW
Kudos: 30
20 Sep 2007
Hello Andy,

Thanks for your reply. My aim is to snipe for myself. I currently use PowerSnipe for my eBay auctions but a favorite seller of mine is setting up his own "private" auction site (got fed up with eBay fees & policy) and so was wondering if a product existed that would allow configuration for other auction sites.
Thanks again, Jeff.
Colombia Colombia
t2sa
Kudos: 78
5 Dec 2008

JAW wrote:

I currently use PowerSnipe for my eBay auctions
This message is quite old now. You can still download Powersnipe, you can even pay for it but the software doesn't work anymore. Be carefull.

[Last edited by moderator: Fixed formatting — 10 Dec 2008]
Supplier
Bidnapper
Kudos: 80
9 Dec 2008
Bidnapper works for yahoo japan, gunbroker, ubid, bidz, allegro, ebid, delcampe, and many others.

Dan

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister