IAS, Internet Auction Solutions

Poster
Jeff Whiteside
Kudos: 15
IAS, Internet Auction Solutions
3 Oct 2007
Whats the scoop on Internet Auction Solutions, IAS out of UTAH, do those Mormans have something us other Christian Business Men should be concerned about, they were asking me to invest $6500.00 Dollars, I did a google on the co and didn't find but one negative report. thru the Bad Business Bureau aka Rif Off Report. Please lets all look at this company who says they are one of EBays top 3 companies that have special information only they have access to on Ebay, well I wonder is this true EBay or is this another organization like Herbalife International thats good at blowing smoke out its ass as if your going to make millions, Yeah I've heard it all, they say they will take me to the BBB, but we all know that they are pretty worthless. So here it is folks, do I need to spend nearly 7,ooo.oo of my hard earned money or are these tool available free or at a reasonable cost. I come from a family with Old Money and we don't just part with it to sharp web page and glossey videos. Whats the down side. Please feel free to write me at my personel email jbwhiteside@comcast.net

Sincerely
Jeffrey B. Whiteside aka Jeffbdogmaster @ aol.com
United States United States
pjc508
Re: IAS, Internet Auction Solutions
11 Sep 2008
I am toying with the idea of starting a small internet business and signed on with ebay. While doing so, I also signed up for a free something-or-other kit. Next thing I knew, I was getting bombarded with phone calls from these people--Internet Auction Solutions--both at home and at work, despite the fact I told the individual, Greg, that I did not want to be contacted at work.

Last night I finally agreed to speak with Greg, who asked questions about my and my husband's financial status, our goals, our bills, and so on. However, I became very suspicious when he not only asked what we owed on our credit cards, but also asked what type--MC, Visa, Discover, Amex, and then asked what the credit limits on our cards were. I immediately suspected he was trying to figure out how much he could charge us for their "services." I explained to him that both I and my husband are employed full-time, and that this was a little something I was toying with to do as a hobby and not for a means of dependable income.

As luck would have it, I "qualified" to become a recipient of their program, as if it was some sort of privilege.

Anyway, I did some research and found your post. I am curious to know how it turned out for you.
caz
Canada Canada
caz
18 Nov 2008
I had the same phone call tonite. Asking all sorts of questions - monthly income, limits on our credit cards (not sure how that's relevant when I specifically asked if there was any cash outlay on my part).
Do you know more?
Are they someone to steer clear of?
Thanks
bobd
24 Nov 2008
Dont give them a cent of your money,i did and they charged my charge card twice for 5,255,56. Then you will get a e- mail from an outfit called THRIVE LEARNING INSTITUTE about coaching you and they start you off by selling ftuff around the house on EBAY.The rest of there web sight has information that you can get for free on the Internet.I am lucky that my charge didnt go through so my bank put a stop payment on my card.These people are high pressure sale people that want you to sign up right now.STAY AWAY
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hulk2009
Kudos: 85
1 Mar 2009
If anyone ever asks you for your credit cards credit limits or any type of financial questions like "How much do you make a year?" or Questions like what was your mothers maiden name etc..DO NOT continue to talk..How ever rude you think you are being..BLANK that out and say "Do not call ever again..Good bye..Then Hang Up.
If they ring back "Say nothing" Just Keep hanging up on them..
If they keep calliing report tham as a nuisance caller to your phone company.
If they threaten you, report it to the FBI it's an offence to threaten a person over the phone lines.
tracyjmack
31 Mar 2009
Hi there! I was wondering the same thing as my mother just bought into this deal and I'm always kind of leary about these things. I think they charged her $4,500 and it seems rather high to me if all they do is set you up. I too was not impressed with their site yet couldn't find any negative feedback on them except the one from www.ripoffreport.com. Does anyone have any other information on this business? If anyone does please email me at tracy@mylittletraces.com Thank you!

Tracy
Truefire
Kudos: 30
13 Apr 2009
Please, please please do not give these crooks your money. They will promise you that you will recieve marketing measures and such to get you within the top couple of pages on all the search engines and that you will have access to thousands of free dropshippers. LIE. There are many dropshippers but the vast majority of them require yearly dues and plus they don't carry product that is really wanted.

You are told that you will have unlimited coaching, the coaches from Thrive Learning Institute call you and assist you for the first 6 weeks. After that they fall off of the face of the earth, if you call in they will state that your 6 weeks of calls are used up.

All you can do to reach them with is live chat which isn't available after thrives business hours and email. Matter of factly, if you call in, they will rather abrubtly let you know that you are no longer recieving any phone coaching.

Don't sign up, tell them you have heard it was a scam and that you should not trust them. Hang the phone up on these persons. Please, please take heed to what I am saying.

They only get your money, sure they have a few videos to learn some stuff. But actually everything up there can be found from various sites via the web absolutely free of charge.

Another thing, they are only out for themselves because once you pay your monies and you are not satisfied they will try everything within their power to ensure you don't get your monies back.

Please heed this memo.
whythrive
16 May 2009
Thrive Learning Institute is another of the Utah Internet Scam Family.

Their problem is that they are beingoversold by multiple sales floors (Internet Auction Solutions, Internet Income Solutions, Summit Consulting, and more) - and promise that you can make your money back in three months.

However Thrive Learning only gives you four hours of coaching and a library of videos to pick and choose from. You aren't going to be an expert ecommerce entrepreneur in 4 hours!

But the only way you can get your money back is from the sales floor (call center) who did the sale. Thrive only gets about 10% of that sale.

How to get a refund:
1) Contact your bank and have them send you a fraud report, no matter how long it's been. Then get them to do a charge-back investigation.

2) File reports with the FBI, FTC, Utah A/G, and Utah Division of Consumer Protection. They are swamped with complaints about Thrive right now, so it can take months. Be persistent.

But both steps are vital - enough charge-backs will actually get the credit-card companies to pull their credit line. And Utah needs to know how big the problem is so that they will revise their laws and fix it.

There's more data at stop-telemarketers.midwestjournalpress.com.

And as this thread covers - everything Thrive teaches can be found online for free. Not worth any amount of money...
Truefire
13 Jun 2009
Internet Auction Solutions
Corporate Offices
138 East 12300 South
Number C-194
Draper, Utah 84020
1-800-284-6301

To Personnel of Review Board:

On November 22, 2008 I was contacted by Internet Auction Solutions in regards to starting an online business. I ended up speaking with Arthur Morton which said he was a director there at the firm. I listened to Arthur for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes in reference to starting my own online business.

Arthur attempted to convince me that this was a legit business venture showing me their registration with the Better Business Bureau in the State of Utah. He told my wife and I about a company called Thrive Learning Institute that contained website building software, coaches who help you build your website, unlimited coaching, hundreds of free dropshippers, and tools to educate me to build an online store. He also stated that I would be within the first couple of search return pages on all of the major search engines.

Arthur led my wife and myself to believe that Thrive already had marketing measures and advertising in place and that with approximately 10 hours a week I would be making money, however I have spent on average approximately 20-30 hours a week since this business inception. He led us to believe that we were paying for a package type deal. He continually talked about some guy which was making lots of money online doing this same thing.

I paid $7015.36 on November 22, 2008 to Internet Auction Solutions via a credit card.
I asked Arthur Morton what the catch was and he stated that there was a $49.95 monthly fee for hosting services and my monthly installment to my credit card company and stated that was it.

He did not tell me about $49.95 monthly merchant account service fees and that I would have to pay out more monies for advertising, pay per click campaigns, paying for click on banners approximately $500.00-$1000.00 per site.

After the first initial signing I realized that the dropshippers that Arthur was talking about were not free, in fact, most of them required yearly dues and several even required a minimum purchase requirement. Plus out of all the dropshippers offered at Thrive, only one carried my niche market product and even then it was a brand and make of poor quality and that isn’t in demand.

Dilemma one, I spent literally 36-50 hours during three consecutive days simply trying to find a dropshipper outside of Thrive Learning Institute to supply duck decoys. I called Thrive Learning Institute during the month of November-December 2008 in regards to receiving answers about this dropshipper ordeal. I spoke with a female coach named Erica which wasn’t very helpful and gave me websites and information elsewhere outside of Thrive to look for dropship products.

I couldn’t believe that I would have to look outside of Thrive for these dropshippers after having been told by Arthur that I would have access to hundreds of free dropshippers included in this offer. I informed Erica this isn’t what I was told. She stated, “Well, I don’t know, but you can find dropshippers elsewhere.”

I was perturbed that I was told that I would have access to hundreds of dropshippers when I was signing up. I was led to believe that there were quality dropshippers already in place as part of the package price of $7015.36 and that I wouldn’t have to look elsewhere.

I did contact Arthur Morton of Internet Auction Solutions during this time in regards to this issue. He told me he would look into it and he would call me back. I never received a phone call from Arthur or anyone else from Internet Auction Solutions regarding this issue.
Truefire
13 Jun 2009
Dilemma two, I started uploading product line from my dropshipper into my website builder. I had received some phone calls from the coaches during this time which I thought to be helpful. About 6-8 weeks later I finally finished building my website and I called Thrive Lone day and needed to speak with a coach in regards to some questions I was having. I was immediately told that my telephone coaching sessions had run out. I replied, “What?” The coach told me after 6 weeks the phone calls aren’t available anymore.

I was told that I would have to contact them using live chat and email. Arthur failed to tell me this; he just kept saying unlimited coaching. This really perturbed me because that is one of the primary reasons I signed up, was to receive unlimited coaching in the form of speaking with coaches via the telephone. To find out in this manner that my phone call sessions were out, at the time in which myself and others would need the telephone coaching was misrepresentation of services sold and against the company’s slogan of ‘putting their students first’.

To know that I had paid my monies because I was led to believe I would have unlimited coaching and then this. It is challenging if not impossible to come to workable solutions to complex problems utilizing email. And the live chat function isn’t available after normal Pacific Time business hours. Thus, making it practically impossible to utilize when I got home at the end of a working day from primary place of employment. By the time I was able to get online the live chat capabilities aren’t there because Thrive was closed. So much for unlimited coaching like Arthur Morton described.

Furthermore during the emails the coaches don’t really answer any of your questions when inquiring as to how to develop traffic to my site. They simply tell me I need to have paid google adwords, pay per click campaigns and paid advertising on various other websites that receive lots of traffic daily. All are means which I don’t have monies for. . This is why I had invested in this was to make money not to pay out monies to various forms of marketing, having been led to believe that the $7015.36 included those measures.

After discovering that my phone call coaching was depleted, I called Internet Auction Solutions and attempted to speak with Arthur Morton. I called on three different occasions, every time leaving a message to have him return my phone call. I never received a courtesy phone call return. I eventually spoke with his secretary, Shannon Evans during the month of February 2009. She assured me that she would look into this and have a coach call me; stating she would call Thrive Learning Institute and would attempt to resolve this issue.

Isaac from Thrive Learning Institute called and spoke with me in regards to no longer receiving phone coaching. I tried to explain to him how I had been told by Arthur Morton that I would receive unlimited coaching and that emails aren’t coaching. He wasn’t professional at all, trying to argue with me about the issue and wasn’t helpful in resolving the issue and attempting to fulfill their slogan of ‘putting their students first.’ Not once did this Isaac attempt to resolve this issue in a customer service type approach whereby I the student was Put First. Rather he was very rude and wasn’t willing to work out some sort of resolve.

Third dilemma, I have had my website up and running since around December 2008 until present and have discovered during this time that I paid these monies for videos that give knowledge that is free from various sources on the internet. Furthermore, in order to receive numerous amounts of traffic I have discovered that I would have to pay additional lots of monies for advertising links on various sites, spend $50-60 more a month on pay per click campaigns and so on.
Truefire
13 Jun 2009
Third dilemma, I have had my website up and running since around December 2008 until present and have discovered during this time that I paid these monies for videos that give knowledge that is free from various sources on the internet. Furthermore, in order to receive numerous amounts of traffic I have discovered that I would have to pay additional lots of monies for advertising links on various sites, spend $50-60 more a month on pay per click campaigns and so on. I don’t have any more monies to spend on this.

I was led to believe that I didn’t need to because that is why I was paying this $7015.36, that all of this marketing and advertising was already in place and this was a package price. I would have never signed up for this had I been told the truth of this whole ordeal.

Furthermore, I would have requested my monies earlier but I didn’t know at the beginning that I was going to have to pay monies out in the form of advertising and that the methods of marketing that I was instructed to do simply put “Do Not Work”. Had I known at the date of speaking with Arthur Morton that I would have had to pay out additional monies for so many services such as merchant account services, online advertising, pay per click campaigns, and dropship company yearly dues I would not have signed up.

The services rendered were misrepresented and aren’t profitable for the consumer.

On 04-03-2009 I calledInternet Auction Solutions and spoke with Cody. Cody was professional and actually seemed concerned. I told him that I wanted to get my money back, in full, based on the fact of misrepresented services. He attempted to persuade me otherwise at which point I told him, I simply wanted my monies back.

Prior to speaking with Cody and due to the fact that I have called numerous times in regards to all of the above mentioned issues all without ever receiving return calls in which administration personnel attempted to resolve these issues, it left me with no other choice but to file an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau in the State of Utah and online at Ripoffreport.com. The complaints filed were in regards to the same issues mentioned in this written letter of request for reimbursement of my funds in full.

I want all of my monies in the amount of $7015.36 reimbursed in full to me. I have not made any profits on my website to date. I will gladly retract my complaints upon having been refunded my total amount of $7015.36.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Update: On 4-24-2009 I called and spoke withDave Andrews 1-800-284-6301, of Internet Auction Solutionsin regards to obtaining my monies back. He wasn’t willing to work out any type of resolve to reimburse my monies of $7015.36. I said that I would make other persons aware of what they did to me and he said he would sue me on contortion to business.

www.internetauctionsolutions.com

www.thriveli.com = Thrive Learning Institute
bbar39
18 Aug 2009
A few months ago I was dumb enough to pay Internet Auction Solutions $4800. They were very good at convincing me this was a great opportunity and I would have my money back within a few months. Well I've had all of the same problems that everyone else on this blog have had. They were no help and today I tried to contact them and the phone number they had no longer works and neither does their website. I'm about to have to drop out of college to get a job to start paying this money back. If anyone has a solution let me know.

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office