Need help picking auction software

Poster
ihula
Kudos: 25
Need help picking auction software
3 Oct 2007
I realize this has been posted so many times by so many people, but I have switched 3 times since spring and can't find a good fit. I can learn to adapt to a few things, but it seems the "perfect" software doesn't exist unless you build your own and submit your own feeds (which I'm not capable of doing)

In the past I've tried:
inkFrog - liked it, but wanted automatic scheduling and relists
CA Merchant - did almost everything, but was pricey and didn't like the website functionality
Infopia - currently with them (and love them), but they don't support ebay's Muze system which is a must (my sales have decreased by 50% since joining them, but website sales are good)
ChannelMAX - haven't listed anything through them - haven't decided if I will play around with it or not
Looked into Marketworks once and I can't remember why I ruled them out over the phone - I think there was something I really wanted that they couldn't do

If I go with a free/cheap service I'm willing to give up some of the automation that I take for granted, but I would like to spend less than $750.00 if I go for fully automated

We list about 6000 items a month - mostly fitness dvds/exercise equipment and we do it on ebay 2 user IDs. We also list on Amazon Marketplace, Amazon Seller Central, UBid, Half.com. We also list on a Mac, but have a PC available if needed.

Something with website integration would be great, but at this point not necessary (I may just move my website to Miva - hosted at GoDaddy now but they don't support international sales)

Things that it Must do:
- Automatic relist when ends - if an item ends with a BIN I want another one to launch very shortly after the sale automatically
- Integrate with Ebays Muze system
-The more places it will list to the better - I know ChannelMax will do all the major media places
-Support 2 Ebay IDs (of course if it's a free service I could just have 2 accounts)
-Ability to print out packing slips with a location number on the slip

Things that would be great
- Integrate with authorize.net
- If it has a website attachment utilize coupon codes
- Ability for the buyer to just go through ebays checkout if they want instead of a 3rd party checkout (if there's one that will offer both that's great)
- If they do have a website attached to them I would want the website to be pretty customizable (I list one dvd in 3 different searchable categories - title, fitness instructor and type of workout)

Any suggestions welcome - fitness season is only a few months away and I want to be settled in by then
United States United States
ihula
Re: Need help picking auction software
4 Oct 2007
I just heard from Infopia and they said they think the developers can integrate me into the Muze system so hopefully that will work out
Supplier
ChannelMAX
Kudos: 256
4 Oct 2007
Hi ihula,

Could you please elaborate on "Integrate with Ebays Muze system" ... I am curious to know what it's all about ..

Thanks
Paul
www.ChannelMAX.Net
ihula
4 Oct 2007
Hi Paul,
Ebay's Muze system in specifically for media - CDs, Books, DVDs, VHS, etc. If you put in the UPC number (title or other search words) of the item the Muze system will automatically insert it's stock photo, brief description, customer rating, CD track listing (if available) and some other information. The listings that utilize that system receive preferential treatment in an ebay search
For example, if a customer types into the search "Tae Bo Amped"
Ebay will show a picture above all the listings that match that search that says "Matching Products for Tae Bo Amped" with a link that will take you to all the items that match that picture - the problem is that if you didn't list yours using that system the link won't go to your auctions even if you have Tae Bo Amped in the title.
Here's an example of one using the Muze system:
cgi.ebay.com/BILLY-BLANKS-Tae-...eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You'll see that above his description is ebays picture and some information
Here's mine:
cgi.ebay.com/TAE-BO-AMPED-DVD-...eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It just has the regular ebay items specifics
Astor
6 Oct 2007
Hi ibula,
You might want to give ChannelMAX a try. I've also been through a few AIMs recently and if you want to scale your business, you need to have a 'partner' to help you grow. Many of the services are free to get you started and, as you grow, optional features are available. I think it's a smart business model geared to a company's growth and Paul provides all the scheduling, controls, mailing list/newsletter capability - you may have to look for it, but everything you need is there somewhere!

[Last edited: 6 Oct 2007]

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware