Ways to ban user or sellers? Php auction script? Contracts?

Poster
p_rry
Kudos: 20
Ways to ban user or sellers? Php auction script? Contracts?
7 Dec 2007
Hello,

I'm glad I found this forum to talk to people about auction software. I have a site that I want to include an auction page. More of a simple auction script that can blend in with my website well. Not a full blown ebay looking website.

I have three questions:

1. I was thinking of trying this software... www.scriptsagent.com/auction-p...yout-1-red-grey/prod_383.html.
I cant edit the html templates to match my website. There's also different templates to choose from. The price is really good, but that also makes me wonder a bit if it's any good. Anyone try it or have an opinion about it?

2. On this software it says you can ban people by IP address. I'm sure you can also ban email addresses too. It's not hard to use a different computer and email. Unless you store someones checking account number (which I wouldn't want to do if I could) I don't know how to get rid of bad users or sellers. Are there other ways to handle this issue?

3. Oh, and if people decide they don't want to buy the product they purchased, is there any way of holding them to it? I know ebay has lawyers so they have a lot more power.

thanks,
Perry

[Last edited: 7 Dec 2007]
Thailand Thailand
p_rry
Kudos: 20
Re: Ways to ban user or sellers? Php auction script? Contrac
9 Dec 2007
Looks like nobody has ever heard of this script. I guess I'll try it an let you all know what I think of it.

Perry
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Ways to ban user or sellers? Php auction script? Contrac
10 Dec 2007
Hi Perry,

This site is mainly about software for eBay buyers and sellers, rather than scripts to run your own auction site.

Having said that, there is a relevant discussion here that you might find useful: www.webretailer.com/forum/560-non-ebay-auction-business.asp

p_rry wrote:

3. Oh, and if people decide they don't want to buy the product they purchased, is there any way of holding them to it? I know ebay has lawyers so they have a lot more power.
I think you have to deal with this in the terms of use that your members agree to when they register. If they don't pay you can ban them from the site, and/or take them to court.

Confirming members' identities by non-Internet means (e.g. a letter or phone call) would encourage people to take buying seriously - but will of course incur time and expense for you and put some people off registering.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First