Recent forced migration to new version = TOTAL NIGHTMARE

Poster
NB12345
Kudos: 16
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Recent forced migration to new version = TOTAL NIGHTMARE
26 Oct 2016
We've been using ReplyManager for a year and a half, and the old version (before purchased and revamped by XSellco) was GREAT. Did exactly what it said it would do, without trying to be like all the other "collaboration" software out there.

WE'RE NOT TRYING TO COLLABORATE, WE'RE TRYING TO ANSWER CUSTOMER EMAILS SO THAT WE CAN MAKE SALES AND MAINTAIN A GOOD REPUTATION WITH CUSTOMERS.

The new forced update:

1. set almost all of our settings to a Default, including the wrong time zone, and wrong user permissions.

2. re-set our Send (From) email address to some weird email that had nothing to do with our business --- which is not acceptable with Amazon and eBay.

3. Introduced "tickets", as if we're creating bug tickets for technology that doesn't work. So, instead of "replying to a customer email" we are now "posting a message to a ticket". Thanks for making this more confusing and also less personal. Just what every customer is hoping for.

4. Introduced a number of new clicks per action. Productivity OUT THE WINDOW. I now have to click 3-4 more times to do an action that used to be a one-click thing.

ALL THIS, AND THEY DO IT 6 DAYS BEFORE NOVEMBER 1. AS IF WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT AS WE HEAD INTO THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

XSellco should be ashamed of themselves. The ONLY positive thing I can say is this: after two days of trying to reach someone by phone, I've been connected with a guy (by email only - they said they don't have time to talk by phone) who has actually provided helpful fixes --- although, they shouldn't have had to be fixed at all -- the errors were due to them not porting info from our account correctly.

We're actively looking for a replacement service. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A GOOD ALTERNATIVE, PLEASE POST A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. Again, we're not looking for a team collaboration tool - we're looking for an email tool that will route messages based on custom rules and allow us to assign labels and notes to messages. Preferably, we'd like something with an API for eBay and Amazon.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
kaladanda
Kudos: 124
Re: Recent forced migration to new version = TOTAL NIGHTMARE
26 Oct 2016
@NB12345

XSellco took out it's only viable competitor some time ago
(www.webretailer.com/lean-commerce/xsellco-interview/)

i thought this was highly devious attempt to monopolise this very small niche market.

now I can see the results of this!

looks like there's demand for a new player in this market.

I would prefer it is NOT backed by venture capital/private equity or from someone hoping to sell on to such outfits at a later date (like hostelworld?)

to the previous owner of ReplyManager, why did you sell out to xsellco????

i am looking at freshdesk, but it only just about connects to ebay,
support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/270315

amazon support coming soon
support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/311891

the great thing about this webretailer website? there are alternatives listed here! www.channelreply.com/

also check out helpscout
docs.helpscout.net/article/663-ebay-and-amazon-integration

[Last edited: 26 Oct 2016]
Report review abuse

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro