Free Bid Sniping Services -- The master list
Closed

Poster
forliddle
Kudos: 15
Free Bid Sniping Services -- The master list
19 Dec 2007
I want to start a list of free bid sniping services, starting with mine. A lot of sites claim to be free but have limitations such as 1 bid per week or lower priority in the queue etc. I would like to know which sites actually offer free unlimited bid sniping. All you bid sniping sites add to this list so we can demonstrate that you don't have to pay for good bid sniping service.

My site is www.freebiesniper.com Unlimited sniping totally free and no account creation required.

[Last edited: 19 Dec 2007]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Free Bid Sniping Services -- The master list
19 Dec 2007
This should get you started: www.webretailer.com/searches/free-ebay-snipers.asp

Change the Price option to "Completely or Partly Free" to include those with limitations (some of which are very minor, such as Gixen's $6 for the optional mirror server).
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Canada Canada
Gixen
Kudos: 154
18 Jun 2008
Hey Andy, just to clarify - Gixen is, in a sense, completely free, at least for all the features offered by any other sniping service. So, if there is a feature offered by any other service, paid or not, it's free on Gixen. This includes unlimited sniping, group snipes, etc.

Only features that require subscription are the ones that no other service offers (such as mirror service), free or not. And even then this minor fee ($6 a year) is waived for users who backlink Gixen.

Mario.
Supplier
United States United States
Bidnapper
Kudos: 80
19 Jun 2008
Mario's facts are a bit off. Just about all the big sniping services offer sniping from multiple locations as standard service, and it is seamless to the user. We've been doing it since 2002. I know of several services that even place bids from 3 locations. In addition, we can place bids on over 40 sites.

Dan

[Last edited: 19 Jun 2008]
Supplier
Canada Canada
Gixen
19 Jun 2008
Dan, this information is certainly not visible on your site (Bidnapper FAQ or otherwise), not even after logging in. Also, I haven't heard any of your former users confirming double bid being submitted, which would be an indication of multiple servers being used simultaneously.

In what manner does it work if you really have it?

P.S. Never mind, let Gixen be classified as "partially free", users can tell and their wallets can feel the difference.
Supplier
Bidnapper
19 Jun 2008
I won't get into how it works. We don't talk about it because it is nothing new. If I recall correctly, eSnipe was the first to have it in late 2000, early 2001. It disappeared as a competitive issue, but perhaps we should add it to our site.

AuctionStealer doesn't talk about it directly, but their paid service offers a higher reliability, I can only assume that is what it is. Auctionsniper talks about it occasionally on their forum. The list goes on.

Dan
Supplier
Canada Canada
Gixen
19 Jun 2008
Well, forgive me then for having reservations on truthfulness of such statements Dan.

Gixen mirror subscribers have clear proof their bids are submitted twice, and they can see that both in their user interface and (often) on the ebay's bidders listing. This is not the case with any other service, at least not that I am aware of.
Supplier
Bidnapper
19 Jun 2008
Of course I forgive you.

Dan
fredjoe
Kudos: 15