I need small seller and other recommendations. Overwhelmed!

Poster
Dominus
Kudos: 20
I need small seller and other recommendations. Overwhelmed!
30 Dec 2007
Hi

First of all, thanks for this great site. I've come to it for years when looking for something specific. Unfortunately what I need right now is eluding my grasp and I hope you guys will be willing to share your picks with me. I'm a little overwhelmed.

I'm giving ebay seller a real shot, but I'm starting small, a few listings per week, 10-25 tops. I do sell similar items as well as unique ones, and I want to fully manage and analyze those sales nonetheless, and I want to spend as little time as possible getting the most out of it, of course!

First of all, I'm a Mac user now. I'm looking at probably installing Windows on it so I can use ebay software, but Mac version would be ideal. I'm currently using GarageSale but it is falling way short of my needs. It has beautiful templates like you'd expect in a mac environment but beyond that its listing features are tedious and incomplete. And its wysiwig interface seems nearly unmanageable. I've actually just gone back to using ebay's features and not Garagesale, which means it's pretty much dead to me now, except that I might use it for creating slick templates.

Secondly, while I seriously want to make a living out of this, I'm not there yet. I can't afford expensive solutions geared to you guys who are moving tens of thousands of dollars per month. I'm happy to use a combination of software solutions or an all-in-one, but it needs to be tailored to the small-time seller, for the time being. And so far I'm just selling on ebay, but a solution that encourages me to reach out to Amazon and the rest is probably a smart idea. Oh and I think I want to continue auctions but also have a store.

So far, installing Windows on my Mac and using Blackthorne is the best I've come up with, but I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks for reading.

[Last edited: 30 Dec 2007]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
Re: I need small seller and other recommendations. Overwhelm
31 Dec 2007
Hi Dominus

Just a little pointer that may help - here is a list of Mac-compatible desktop tools.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
San Francisco United States
Dominus
Kudos: 20
31 Dec 2007
Thank you. I've already tried GarageSale and iSale and found them inadequate for more than designing pretty listings. I already use JBidWatcher.

Clearly I have to go with Windows or Web-based solutions.
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
31 Dec 2007
Hi Dominus,

Have you checked out Vendio's Sales Manager yet?
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor