Amazon Orders Sales Drop Off (Help!)

Poster
simonthepieman
Kudos: 166
Amazon Orders Sales Drop Off (Help!)
24 Nov 2016
I have noticed a most disturbing drop off on my Amazon sales this month.

I am the only one.

Have Amazon changed how they compile the search ranking?

Have I missed something?

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Simon
Supplier
Austin, TX United States
PPC Scope
Kudos: 30
Re: Amazon Orders Sales Drop Off (Help!)
29 Nov 2016
@simonthepieman
A combination of American political drama and changes in policy for product reviews appears to have distracted buyers and dampened enthusiasm for online purchases during the month of October and November.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday appears to be kickstarting sales once again for the amazon.com marketplace, resulting in a compressed holiday shopping season that has yet to meet expectations from previous years.

Focus on product placement, using the keywords found to convert well in PPC to update the frontend (bullets, description) and backend (search term fields) content fields to more precisely target a buying, niche audience.

Brian R Johnson
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,254
29 Nov 2016
@simonthepieman

Could be no end of reasons such as:

• Are your products visible / suspended ?
  • Are you competing with others on the same ASIN and are not price competitive / not getting the 'Buy Box' ?
  • Are other sellers selling similar items at a better price on a different ASIN ?
  • Are other sellers selling similar items but getting better search results because of keywords ?
  • Have your products had bad reviews ?
  • Have you had your wrist slapped by Amazon recently ? Check your metrics.
  • Are your products seasonal ? Is there a current demand ?
  • Are you using FBA and have been hit by the many recent problems ? Fires, stock not being delivered / processed, deliveries being delayed etc.

• If you check all the above and can still not work it out, chances are you are among the thousands of other Amazon sellers who are experiencing the same thing, for no apparent reason.
    E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    simonthepieman
    2 Dec 2016
    @Bigian13

Big Ian,
    thanks for your notes. In reply.

All my products seem visible,

They are unique to me so I don't have to compete for the buybox.

My prices are comparable/cheaper than other (with better quality I might add)

My keywords seem to be working ok.

I have had mixed reviews on some lines but it seems my sales have dropped off across the board even on the products with good reviews that I used to sell 10 a day of.

No bitch slaps from Amazon

Year round product but xmas has always been good.

I don't use FBA but from keyword searches my products are up there.

My delivery times could be improved but that's the cost of keeping my stock outside of the VAT zone.

I've got be honest I am really struggling to understand what's in play.

Something must have changed it seems to sudden a drop off.

?????

simon
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    simonthepieman
    2 Dec 2016
    @PPC Scope

thanks for your reply

I noticed a big pick up pre election on my US sales but it now seems like everyone's hung up their boots.

I dont understand it. Its supposed to be Christmas.,

???
    Regards,
    Simon
    Nottingham United Kingdom
    Bigian13
    Kudos: 2,254
    3 Dec 2016
    @simonthepieman

Maybe people were just waiting for prices to drop.

With folks anticipating Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc and Amazon extending the sales either side of those dates possibly people were only looking for products that offer a big discount even though it was on recently increased prices ???

We did a test last year on a product that we used to sell for a tenner. Sales were okay, but we upped the selling price to £25 for a month and the following month gave a 50% discount. Sales were way up, simply because of the discount. This was one of our own brand products with no competition on our ASIN.

Delivery time is also very important. Recent information shows that some buyers are willing to pay up to 15% more for a next day delivery than for a 2 to 5 day service.

Pretty soon customers will want you to pay them for placing the order that you deliver before they have ordered it !!!
    E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

XSellco
    Volo
    Selro
    StoreFeeder