FRUUGO - How other channels should be

Poster
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,207
FRUUGO - How other channels should be
30 Nov 2016
This is a review, but I could not put it in the review section. If Andy can sort that out that would be fine.

For those that do not know, FRUUGO is a UK based selling channel that sells your products across 23+ countries in 11+ languages.

There are no set up fees or monthly subscriptions, just a percentage from your sales (excluding P+P).

You supply your data feed in your own language and in your own currency. (If you use Linnworks like us, the integration still doesn't work properly but there are ways around this !)

FRUUGO translates your products FOC and lists on all their international sites. If you do not want to sell to a particular country you can specify this in your data feed.

Your payments are received in your own currency at favourable rates. No need for a service such as WorldFirst etc.

Apart from giving you a quick and easy way of reaching international markets at no extra cost, their customer service is the best we have encountered. Technical issues are dealt with on a ticket system, usually resolved within 24 hours, but if a customer has an urgent question about one of your products, such as 'how much will it cost for next day delivery ?' one of the FRUUGO team will actually ring you and ask you the question. When did any of the other channels do that ?

FRUUGO has a lot to offer to sellers of all sizes. While it may not be 'mainstream' enough for some sellers the ease of which you can access international markets should appeal to to many.

We have been selling on FRUUGO for over a year now, and If I were starting out again, FRUUGO would be my first port of call.

[Last edited: 30 Nov 2016]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,509
Re: FRUUGO - How other channels should be
2 Dec 2016
Thanks for the review Ian.

I can see that listing marketplaces here would be useful, but it's a big project that I have no capacity for at the moment. It's on the backlog.

One thing that I don't see in your review that is usually the #1 question from sellers is "...sounds great but does it bring in any sales?"
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
3 Dec 2016
@Andy

Aw shucks, missed that bit.

Yes it does bring in sales, from all over the world.

In fact FRUUGO probably create more international sales for us than eBay, and on eBay we list on .com, .ca, .fr, .it, .de, .es, .com.au with a wider range of products. Our sales to Norway, Sweden and Denmark with FRUUGO far outweigh sales to those countries from eBay and Amazon combined.

If anybody has tried selling internationally through eBay with WebInterpret and had problems like we did, give FRUUGO a try to get you and your products out there.
United States United States
ScarfKing
Kudos: 406
20 Dec 2016
@Bigian13

Ian, I know you are busy and I hate to bug you at this critical time, but we are also big into multichannel international selling, and I have outgrown all my software.

People on this board have heaped abuse on Linnworks, and you yourself say that its integration with Fruugo is still not right, but in general, would you give a thumbs up or thumbs down to Linnworks?

Does it work as advertised?

Thanks so much in advance.

Scarfking

PS: Thanks for the Fruugo review. It looks perfect for us.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
21 Dec 2016
@ScarfKing

Just replied to your PM, sorry for the delay.

Linnworks is still good for us (just) due to the integrations, and no, the FRUUGO integration is still not working correctly even though it was supposed to be fixed in August !!!!!!

Despite this, and to keep the thread on topic, I would advise anybody that can to list on FRUUGO.

Sellware
Cloud Commerce Pro
2nd Office
xSellco 2