Small business

Poster
adelelmfao
Kudos: 21
Small business
14 Dec 2016
Hello everyone! Actually i have a big problem.. i have start my small business(online) since fortnight,but still no one buy my products.. i think i have problem in promoting my products by using Facebook,Instagram and Twitter. Can you all please share some tips or experiences how to promote my products by using those platforms without using ads?? Because i have loss a big costs in my products so it is not enough to make ads Please i need your help
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,875
Re: Small business
14 Dec 2016
@adelelmfao

Only two weeks ? I know multi million pound businesses that have gone two years before an official launch and resulting sales.

A lot can be down to the products you sell and the price you sell them at as well as the platform you are using to sell.

Simple things to ask yourself and research:

• Are your products the type that customers want to buy ? If yes, then are you competitive against the competition. If no, then sell something else.

• Are your products showing in search results ? If yes then there is a problem with your product. If no then there is a problem with your website SEO, but you have to give it a chance to kick in.

• Do you have followers on Instagram / Facebook etc ? If yes, are your products the type that encourages repeat buyers etc. If no, keep posting and hope it works.

• Are your prices competitive ? If yes, wait for the SEO to kick in. If no, you are probably wasting your time.

• Online businesses are not built in a day, or even two weeks. If you have done the research properly before venturing out, then the orders should come.
    E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
    Malaysia Malaysia
    adelelmfao
    Kudos: 21
    14 Dec 2016
    @Bigian13
    Ok then,i'll try my best.. thanks 4 the support !??
    United States United States
    toddlisting
    Kudos: 54
    6 Jan 2017
    What are you selling?

The word “promotion” covers a range of activities to make people aware of, and want to buy, your products. Here is a simple formula you can use:

free samples+coupons+special prices+word-of-mouth= free publicity
    Want to reach targted professionals through white papers?
    List them here: whitepaperlisting.com
    Bigian13
    10 Jan 2017
    @toddlisting

Simple equation, but not perfect "free samples+coupons+special prices+word-of-mouth= free publicity" is not technically correct as somebody has to pay for the free samples. I could send free samples to the most popular vloggers / bloggers on the internet and it not result in additional sales nor publicity.

The only real free publicity is word of mouth from satisfied customers that are prepared to 'spread the word' without any incentive.

[Last edited: 10 Jan 2017]
    Bigian13
    10 Jan 2017
    @adelelmfao

Depending on your products, you may have to spend time promoting them yourself unless you have the money to send out free samples as @toddlisting says. It is a fine line to decide which is most cost effective.

There are many things to look at. Your competition, your mark up / profit, your sales channels / fees, your fees, your costs and your sales potential among many many other factors. You could have the best product in the world but no marketing budget, or the worst product but be able to sell it.

Selling via paid promotions or giving your stuff away for free to those that may give you a good review / a promotion costs money. If you are just starting out, then promoting the goods yourself costs no money (in theory) just your time.

If you have already incurred a loss as stated in the original post, then maybe the original product was not all it could have been, which I have unfortunately seen many times.

Finding the right product at the right price at the right time is what the internet is all about.
    Malaysia Malaysia
    brianlbw
    Kudos: 41
    10 Jan 2017
    I would suggest you to list in 10 marketplace other than amazon, ebay...I am doing just that and awaiting for result. I read an article that no buyer is buying only in 1 online selling platform.
    Bigian13
    14 Jan 2017
    @brianlbw

I would not agree that 'no buyer is buying only in 1 online selling platform' as there is some customer loyalty due to rewards programs and Amazon Prime etc. However I would advise sellers to sell on as many platforms as they are comfortable with, taking into consideration stock control etc.

The more relevant platforms you can sell on, the more chance of selling. However you must make sure that these additional channels are cost effective. There are many that will only charge you a commission on each sale. In my opinion choose these first unless you are certain that a channel will work for you.

XSellco
    2nd Office
    Sellbrite
    Volo