eBAY SEO and other stuff

Poster
JuMinx
Kudos: 53
eBAY SEO and other stuff
21 Dec 2016
I'm brand new to the forum, and have been tasked with writing a paper on successful ebay sellers and their secrets!

I'm a novice and have only ever sold individual items on ebay and bought a few random things.

I'm looking for anyone who can offer advice and answer some questions, in particular seo stuff......

If I were a high traffic business on amazon with a low amount of products... what would I do to ensure I am successful on ebay...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys!

Here are the things I would like to know........

How SEO and ranking works.
What fields hold the most weight?
What fields are/aren’t indexed
Does repetition of keywords help?
Does eBay search by individual words, or phrases?
How to have reviews on your product?
Is creating multiple listings for the same product beneficial?
How to collect state sales tax, and the reports
Does launching strong out of the gate make a difference?
eBay launch strategies
How to rank for all/specific keywords quickly
Best eBay templates
Best eBay management software/programs/automation
Auto-email follow up
Automatic customer database (saves all names/emails/address etc)
Split testing software (does Image A convert better than Image B?)
eBay advertising/PPC
Strategies
Optimization
Are there coupons and promotions available for products? Details.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,092
Re: eBAY SEO and other stuff
22 Dec 2016
@JuMinx

Despite the details, some of your questions are a bit vague, so here we go on my experience (and this is very basic !), and in some places a bit tongue in cheek !!

How SEO and ranking works. if your product / page description / content matches what people are searching for, it could rank high in the search results.

What fields hold the most weight? Variable. Potato fields probably have more weight than corn fields (per sq m).

What fields are/aren’t indexed Those that aren't !

Does repetition of keywords help? Up to a point and then it becomes spam which is bad.

Does eBay search by individual words, or phrases? Both

How to have reviews on your product? Ask people to review your products, but do not offer an incentive, especially to Amazon buyers.

Is creating multiple listings for the same product beneficial? On multiple platforms - yes, on the same platform - usually no.

How to collect state sales tax, and the reports Use the selling platforms reports, get an accountant and then pay the tax authority..

Does launching strong out of the gate make a difference? Depends on the product (and the gate).

eBay launch strategies Sell your stock at a high price before others get the stock and undercut you.

How to rank for all/specific keywords quickly Get a product that people want to buy before they know it !

Best eBay templates Just use HTML as it works better on mobile and the eBay app (IMHO).

Best eBay management software/programs/automation Linnworks

Auto-email follow up Reply Manager

Automatic customer database (saves all names/emails/address etc) You can not use the majority of selling platforms to populate your email list due to their T&Cs. Storing details may also subject you to privacy laws depending on your residence.

Split testing software (does Image A convert better than Image B?) IMHO not worth the money. Get a well optimised and clear image and it will sell your product.

eBay advertising/PPC Both the same. Although Google PPC opens you up to a world wide market with many parameters to refine publication / results.

Strategies Sell it cheaper and quicker than the opposition taking into account customer service and delivery.

Optimization Yeah, you should do it, but I know people that couldn't be bothered and still made sales.

Are there coupons and promotions available for products? Details. Oh yes, I can give you a discount code for 10% off our next discount code !!!!
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Australia Australia
JuMinx
Kudos: 53
Re: eBAY SEO and other stuff
22 Dec 2016
@Bigian13

Thank you sooooo much for your reply!!!!

Such a great help.

StoreFeeder
xSellco 1
SellerCloud
plentymarkets