tell me about INVENTORY specifics for MA & others vs LARIS

Poster
akamomo
Kudos: 25
tell me about INVENTORY specifics for MA & others vs LARIS
9 Feb 2008
Hi All-

I've been using Laris for a month or so. It has some great features and some weaknesses. One thing I like a lot is the way it deals with inventory, namely you can use a wifi barcode scanner (not super cheap - the kind that are built on PocketPC and usually are about $400+ used) to manage inventory.

With Laris you can setup warehouses, each with shelves, etc., fully custom, and then each item can be stored to a location via barcodes --- scan the item & the shelf -- then on shipment the tags can have the location on them and you can also close out the shipment with the shipping label barcode (the native FedEx or UPS one) and the item barcodes that were made on inventory item creation. Nice.

Laris is a bit frustrating in that many many many things are global, so I feel the shipping is less than ideal and the rules for dealing with flexible markups dealing with packing costs, etc., are a bit less robust than they might be.

Who here knows how Marketplace Advisor Premium (the name changes daily) and/or Infopia or others deals with inventory, especially scaling up to use barcodes and readers to store and locate items as well as idiot-check shipments????

I like eSellerPro from what I've seen but I don't think it has ANY barcode support.

How about the others??

THANKS!!
Supplier
Winchester United Kingdom
swift_half
Kudos: 46
Re: tell me about INVENTORY specifics for MA & others vs LAR
12 Feb 2008
Hi - eSellerPro does indeed have barcode scanning support to book in your inventory, and for use in a 'POS' situation. Do contact us so that we can discuss further.

This is my 1st post as an eSellerPro employee - hopefully I've stayed within the rules Andy?

Steve
Steve
United States United States
akamomo
Kudos: 25
12 Feb 2008
Sorry Steve for mischaracterizing your eSellerPro. I think the thread is about capability - is the barcode operator another user via a scanner like the Intermec 700 series (they run Pocket PC). I'd like to be able to have barcods be used to "store" items in locations and also in some form provide some verification / protection when shipping items to prevent packing errors.
Supplier
Winchester United Kingdom
swift_half
Kudos: 46
19 Feb 2008
Hi - maybe we could have this discussion off-line? It's sometimes difficult to answer questions fully via a forum. I am contactable via my details here.

In short though, yes you can use barcodes to tie in with shipping, and we provide 'storage location' details within the system also.

Regards
Steve
United Kingdom United Kingdom
direct4games
Kudos: 125
10 Mar 2008
Hi
As major users of eSeller pro i can confirm that we use the program with PDAs that have a warehouse manager functionality that allows adding stock to locations using barcode scanning

Give them a call or email direct - they will explain properly - but as i have said many times before, there is no better overall program than eSeller Pro, in the whole wide world!

best regards
Pete
(direct4games) now morediscs.com
contact me at pete@gwf.ltd.uk - if necessary

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo