Can I determine the % affiliate rate for my Amazon products

Poster
Volvej
Kudos: 24
Can I determine the % affiliate rate for my Amazon products
18 Jan 2017
Hello guys!

I am new here and I have one question. I am planning to open my store on Amazon.com and find people who have a lot of followers to promote my products - off course products will be in their niche.

My question is... can I determine how much % does an affiliate get for selling my product? Or is this only generated by Amazon algorithm? Let's say I want to give them the bigger piece of the cake for selling my products than usual.

Thank you for your help, appreciated.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,994
Re: Can I determine the % affiliate rate for my Amazon produ
24 Jan 2017
@Volvej

I believe not, and why would you want to ?

As far as I can remember, the affiliate receives a percentage for advertising products that are then sold on Amazon through their link. This percentage varies according to category. If they are happy with the existing payment structure, why change it ? I do not think there is any way for a seller to see what has been sold through an affiliate link. Also if you are competing against other sellers on an ASIN, the affiliate link is to the ASIN and not to an individual seller.

There are basically two types that use affiliate programs, those that have links everywhere and to everything (similar to those that used to have Google Ads taking up more screen space than the actual website) and those that have subtle links to products that they are writing about. Obviously the latter is what you should aim for.

Two things you could do:
1. Find some bloggers or websites in your niche (but obviously not competitors) that are part of the affiliate program. Contact them and ask them if you were to send them a sample, they would promote it and review it on their blog / website as part of the affiliate program. Do not ask them to leave a review on Amazon as this is now frowned upon.
2. Spend the money that you were prepared to spend on that 'bigger slice of cake' on sponsored products on Amazon, or even your own website.

It is a couple of years since I looked at the affiliate program, so some of the above may have changed, but this is how it was.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Slovenia Slovenia
Volvej
Kudos: 24
25 Jan 2017
@Bigian13 Thank you very much for your detailed answer, helpful information! I had bloggers / websites already on my mind, but sponsored products on Amazon are also a great idea.
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,249
25 Jan 2017

Volvej wrote:

My question is... can I determine how much % does an affiliate get for selling my product? Or is this only generated by Amazon algorithm? Let's say I want to give them the bigger piece of the cake for selling my products than usual.
You can't determine the Amazon commissions, where are fixed:

affiliate-program.amazon.com/h...es%20Program%20Fee%20Statement

With my programmer's hat on you could come up with a funky (not in the good sense) workaround where you provide links to your affiliates using your own Amazon Associates account but with different tracking IDs so you can identify which affiliate each sale came from. Then you can use the reports to work out how much to pay each of them.

That might solve the problem you posed, but I think Ian's advice is better!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Volo
ManageByStats
StoreFeeder
World First