UK Sellers Have RM 2D Barcodes Saved You Money ?

Poster
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,994
UK Sellers Have RM 2D Barcodes Saved You Money ?
25 Jan 2017
In the UK, Royal Mail are slowly introducing their 2D barcodes which provide a proof of delivery for certain small packets and parcels at the standard rate rather than having to pay for a tracked service.

On the 5th Feb last year, I wrote a post which detailed that we had 124 claims for 'Items Not Received' during January 2016. 104 of these were from UK based buyers.

As of today we have had one this year. I know that we are not yet through the month, but one claim and this particular item was sat at the delivery office waiting to be collected.

We have changed nothing other than to add the Royal Mail barcode to our labels, which is then passed to eBay and gives a POD on the Royal Mail website.

We have had a few people querying the 'tracking number' that eBay provides, but once you point out that this is a 'proof of delivery' number, they say no more.

Based on last years post where 62 of the 67 buyers refunded at our cost were from the UK, and at an average order value of £19.00 it has saved us nearly £1200 already this year.

This is possibly the best thing that Royal Mail have ever done. I just wish this functionality was adopted by all the international postal services.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

ManageByStats
StoreFeeder
World First
SellerCloud