Auction accounting software

Poster
gareth2004
Kudos: 20
Auction accounting software
21 Feb 2008
Hi All,
Can anyone recommend an accounting application I can use to keep account of my Ebid and Ebay sales. I've tried Quickbooks, Microsoft Accounting and the like, but I find them quite intimidating! I'd like something that's been specifically designed to keep track of my online sales, stock and expences. Preferably free or very reasonably priced too!
Thanks
Gareth
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: Auction accounting software
24 Feb 2008
Hi Gareth, and welcome

There are three accounting tools I know of which are specifically designed for eBay.com sellers: Accounting Assistant (eBay's own - exports to Quickbooks though), Auction Accounting Pro, and KeepMore.net.

I don't know of a tool for eBid, sorry.

I should mention that there are also accounting tools for eBay.co.uk - Tradebox Finance Manager for eBay Sellers and Sage Starter Package for eBay (a variant of Tradebox for start-up businesses).

[Last edited: 24 Feb 2008]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
gareth2004
Kudos: 20
25 Feb 2008
Thanks for your reply Andy - much appreciated. I'll give your suggestions a test drive!
Gareth
United States United States
Seller1
Kudos: 385
25 Feb 2008
Quickbooks is what most small businesses use. If you're using auction software, it is possible to link it up to Quickbooks so that the process is automated for you. However, it's around $1,000. Your best bet is to not be intimidated by Quickbooks and instead learn how to use it. It will make you money and teach you how to save money. It should be the center of your business.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
johndon
Kudos: 175
25 Feb 2008
"Quickbooks is what most small businesses use."

Not in the UK, the market is dominated by Sage...

John

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister