How do yall do customer support?

Poster
dean266
Kudos: 20
How do yall do customer support?
14 Feb 2017
Hey, do any of yall have experience hiring someone to do customer support? Like a virtual assistant, or another company - curious to learn about your experience .
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Kadar Khan
Kudos: 93
Re: How do yall do customer support?
15 Feb 2017

dean266 wrote:

Hey, do any of yall have experience hiring someone to do customer support? Like a virtual assistant, or another company - curious to learn about your experience .
I have hired virtual assistant in the past with a bad experience. It takes a few failures till you get someone who meets your standards unless you are lucky.

I have one person in my office whose primary job is customer support and things are doing great.

Creating a comphrensive FAQ page greatly reduces support for general queries.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,827
28 Feb 2017
@dean266

It all depends on what you sell, but usually I have found the best thing to do is hire somebody yourself to look after all CS matters.

This gives you the opportunity to train them properly, to answer questions properly, and give advice to the customers. They can always 'ask the boss' in a matter of minutes if they are not sure. A lot of outsourced agents rely on a database of Q&A to try and help the customer. Not a problem if it is a problem to be solved such as non delivery, but when questions get technical or ask for advice, then is when your Q&A database can fall over.

Having a dedicated CS in your own office also means that they can make the boss a coffee when they are not busy !!!
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Kadar Khan
Kudos: 93
28 Feb 2017

Bigian13 wrote:

@dean266

Having a dedicated CS in your own office also means that they can make the boss a coffee when they are not busy !!!
I like that.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,827
3 Mar 2017
@Kadar Khan

... and if they can't make it how you like it, then they do not deserve a job.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

XSellco
2nd Office
Volo
JoeLister