A newbie that needs help with sales

Poster
arainey
Kudos: 32
A newbie that needs help with sales
6 Apr 2017
I'm new to e-commerce. I have a website where I use Alibaba for drop shipping. I haven't made any sales on my website.

I have a Amazon account where I'm selling private label items, and I need reviews. and sales.

Does anyone have any advice, software or frugal suggestions?
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,207
Re: A newbie that needs help with sales
6 Apr 2017
@arainey

Without wanting to be cruel, there is no surprise that you have not had a sale from your website.

• On Google Page Insights your site gets a score of 43/100 for mobile and 51/100 for desktop. Not good ! Woocommerce sites usually get a better score than this.

• Your slider takes up too much space at the top of the home page (and has grainy images). The top part of your website is what makes it stand out. Change the size of the slider in Wordpress. This will be more appealing and hopefully increase your 'Insights' score.

• I can not click on the 'featured products'. (So what is the point in showing them ?)

• 'About' page does not give enough information.

• 'Contact' page does not provide a physical address or a telephone number.

• 'faq' page does not work.

• Add to that a limited amount of items, and no clear indication of delivery costs or delivery time until you get to the checkout and it is a recipe for disaster (or at least no sales).

There are a number of other problems that if you want to know about please PM me.

Not had a look at your Amazon stuff so send me a link and I will have a look.

[Last edited: 6 Apr 2017]
    E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
    California United States
    arainey
    Kudos: 32
    Re: A newbie that needs help with sales
    7 Apr 2017
    @Bigian13

I appreciate the advice. Great points.

plentymarkets
    Sellware
    Cloud Commerce Pro