Linnworks is it value for money?

Poster
simonthepieman
Kudos: 256
Linnworks is it value for money?
10 Apr 2017
I am starting to think I am not happy with Linnworks hike in prices.

Am i the only one?

My fees nearly doubled this year.

Simon
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,098
Re: Linnworks is it value for money?
10 Apr 2017
There is always Channel Advisor !!!

Cheaper alternatives are out there, but as far as I can tell they do not offer the integrations that Linnworks offers.

If you only sell on eBay and Amazon and post with Royal Mail then solutions are abundant. Once you start looking at the other channels that you may currently sell on and the other courier options that you probably offer then your choices start to get limited.

The problem is that once you start to grow with one software provider, it is hard to find ones that offer the same integrations.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United Kingdom United Kingdom
simonthepieman
13 Apr 2017
@Bigian13

I did some analysis of the alternatives

ChannelGrabber

Best value overall and closest to what we discussed, with a modular pricing package- but there smallest package is useless you need the next one up.

www.channelgrabber.com/pricing.php

Based on a turnover of 100 transactions per day.

£120

Linnworks (my current system)

www.linnworks.com/plans-and-pricing#compare

£230 x 2 user

www.orderhub.io/pricing/#

Per transaction based on 100 per day £190

Brightpearl

www.brightpearl.com/pricing

Super expensive

ChannelAdvisor

www.channeladvisor.com/

Once again very expensive, there quote to me some time ago was around £800 per month

eSellerPro

www.volocommerce.com/explore/how-to-buy/

Couldn't get there prices (probably expensive as they don't want to reveal them)

SellerDynamics

www.sellerdynamics.com/pricing-usd

Transaction based pricing for me would horrendously expensive.

SellerExpress

www.sellerexpress.com/pricing/

Minimum £300 per month

StoreFeeder

www.storefeeder.com/Pricing

Minimum £400 per month

Veeqo

www.veeqo.com/pricing_plans

£249 per month based on 3K orders
Bigian13
19 Apr 2017
@simonthepieman

When Linnworks announced their repricing we started to look at Selro. They did not have the integrations that we needed at the time but made many promises. Unfortunately they never kept in touch. Promises made and never kept !

We also looked at Channel Grabber but that would have cost nearly £400 per month, and they did not integrate with our two biggest channels.

Linnworks is now actually costing less than before for a 2 user integration, £150 + VAT as opposed to £165 + VAT (Where did your £230 come from ?)

Even though at times I could of, and have, kicked off about Linnworks, the product (usually) works and is certainly one of the better value solutions available.

Horses for courses and all that.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
simonthepieman
26 Apr 2017
@Bigian13

Sorry for 230 GBP read EUR (my mistake).

I don't use 70% of Linnworks functionality, all I need it for is grabbing orders and managing stock levels.

I am thinking writing my own bespoke solution as I have the code from my old packing company. This used to work a treat and never went wrong.

If anybody is interested developing a cut price (or nearly free) solution please let me know.

Simon
Bigian13
26 Apr 2017
@simonthepieman

We are the same when it comes to the functionality of Linnworks. We use it for stock control, processing orders and altering prices across channels. We have stayed away from listing with Linnworks due to problems that others have had, and to be honest, once you have filled in all the configurators that you need, you could have listed the product directly anyway !!

Good luck with creating your own solution.

xSellco 1
SellerCloud
plentymarkets
Sellware