Sorry not worth it

Poster
joew6238
Kudos: 24
starstardim stardim stardim star
Sorry not worth it
22 Apr 2017
Sorry, but this app was a time waster for me. I signed up for the free 10 day trial, and executed numerous scans of varying types across a large number of stores, including Amazon to Amazon flips, and did everything as specified in various instructional videos. Did not find a single product. Oh you'll find some that look like opportunities, but when you go into the product page of the store, it will show out of stock. There are also a ton of mismatches, where UPC codes on one site do not match Amazon. I'm sure there are some pockets of opportunity, but guess what- those are all closely guarded secrets that will never be shared, that you may or may not find after spending countless hours pulling your hair out. You'll find tons of videos that show you how to execute searches, but the searches or variations of those searches don't produce anything worthwhile. This is unfortunately like most areas of online retail nowadays- completely saturated, with only a small handful of people that know where the opportunities exist, most likely the guy that wrote the program and the couple of affiliate people that advertise his product. On an ending note, I found one last youtube video that I thought would be promising, where someone was trying to prove to the skeptics that the product works. So he did a scan of Toys R Us using a few different categories. When he went through the results, the first 9 items that showed profit were all out of stock at Toys R Us online. Then he found one that was out of stock on the website, but showed 1 unit available at one of their stores 10 miles away from him, and he then said "see, there is one hit". Then the video ended. Really?? You count having to drive 10 miles to their store to purchase 1 unit that showed a $6 profit a hit?? Sorry, need to do much better than that.

[Last edited by moderator: Removed criticism of other reviewers — 27 Apr 2017]
United States United States
g_morris_24
Kudos: 23
Re: Sorry not worth it
27 Apr 2017
@joew6238

I'm going to agree with you on all points here. Very hard to sort through the mismatched results here.

[Last edited by moderator: Removed criticism of other reviewers — 27 Apr 2017]
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,382
27 Apr 2017
Thanks for your posts.

A few people have raised the issue of bursts of positive reviews so I have started a new discussion specifically on it:

www.webretailer.com/forum/7942...bursts-of-positive-reviews.asp

I've removed your comments about reviews from your posts here, in line with our policy (explained in detail in the post linked above).

In summary, we think it's unfair to question the authenticity of a review based just on what you can see publicly. We have more data behind the scenes and are in a better position to investigate suspicious reviews if they are reported using the link provided.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Australia Australia
Alex Moss
Kudos: 20
5 Jul 2017
@joew6238 Hi Joe,

This is unusual and completely out of line with our usual user experience. I can only assume that there was something missing in your searches that we failed to educate you on.

The system is best managed by compounding current sales and discounts. We also have an auto update alert now to track in and out of stock, and our new algorithms have dramatically reduced mismatches from searches.

It is hard for me to identify your exact issue without a direct discussion and checking the nature of your searches along side you.

Feel free to please contact me to discuss further. I'll reissue you with a 10 day trial and give you some guidance to get you back on track with these queries.

No data is being 'hidden'. And with our ability to add your own sites in addition to the 600 scanning sites we have now, in addition to Amazon to Amazon flips, Amazon to store reverse searching, and Library scans, saturation is no issue.

Unless of course you are only searching Walmart Toys, in which case, yes saturation can occur. But there is hundreds of other options.

Anyway, let me know if I can help you get back on track.

Alex
United States United States
jeldens
Kudos: 16
14 Aug 2017
@joew6238 Thanks for affirming this. I thought it was just me. I'm new to retail/online arbitrage and thought I'd give the free preview a shot. I thought I had to be doing something wrong because I was turning up with absolutely nothing. And when I thought I did find some items through one store, I realized that they were completely different brands compared to Amazon. It was sourcing non brand names and pairing with brand name products at AZ. I thought I had to be doing something wrong. I've spent hours on this yesterday and actually called in sick to my real job today so that I could stay home and figure this out. Now I really do feel sick!
Australia Australia
Alex Moss
Kudos: 20
14 Aug 2017
@jeldens

He's affirmed nothing. Reach out to me on Facebook rather than buy into a negative narrative and I'll help you get back on track.

I created this software and can easily discuss your methods and sticking points.

Alex Moss
Report review abuse

xSellco 2
2nd Office
Amazowl
Volo