Warehouse Technologies to improve fulfillment process

Poster
Logiwa
Kudos: 118
Warehouse Technologies to improve fulfillment process
5 Jun 2017
Using Barcode Technology and Barcode Scanner App

In this article, I will try to explain the usage of warehouse barcode technology in a small-sized retailer’s inventory management processes. Barcode has been in use for many years in retail warehouses. Barcode and Barcode Scanner App help retailers to reduce cost and increase the accuracy of fulfillment operations. Below I use the same warehouse layout which I have used in my previous articles. Check out my small-sized online retail warehouse layout.

There are various other technologies which can be used to increase productivity and accuracy in a warehouse such as pick-to-light systems, voice logistics, RFID technologies. In this article, I focus on barcode technology and Barcode Scanner Apps which I think is the first step for a small-sized retailer.

In order to use barcodes effectively, retailers should use an inventory management software so that they can automate their processes. It is difficult to have productivity by using barcodes without a barcode scanner application. Barcodes together with inventory management systems, help us in the following areas:

• Perfect tracking, finding of inventory
  • Reduces human errors
  • Improves productivity
  • Allows standardized processes to benchmark employee performance

• Read more

StoreFeeder
    World First
    SellerCloud
    plentymarkets