Does anyone use WooCommerce?

Poster
Woorefugee
Kudos: 23
Does anyone use WooCommerce?
7 Jul 2017
Hey guys, hope you are all well.

Last week I got a bill from WooCommerce kindly letting me know I was due to pay $10,000+ for the extensions I own. At first I thought it was an accounting mistake, turned out it wasn't and they had just doubled their renewal prices (without telling anyone). I thought that was pretty nice of them (Yeah right! **sarcasm**). So anyway, I paid the price and will continue to do so (I need my updates!!!), but I am now giving all of my extensions away for free in protest.

Visit the site below and go download them. Everything has been released under the GPL license. It's the exact code from the official store.

woorefugee.com

If you have any questions just leave them in the comments section below. I have had a few cease and desists and been threatened with legal action, so grab them whilst you can.
New Delhi India
marketplacegeek
Kudos: 46
Re: Does anyone use WooCommerce?
3 Aug 2017
Hi @Woorefugee,

Just went through the website, found the website is locked.

Anyway, I'm surprised to know the bill for extensions cost you such a high price! The price is almost enough to run your website on enterprise edition of any existing shopping cart agency.

Anyway, you should let others know what are the extensions or functionalities you've incorporated on the website, which did cost so much!

Hope others including me would help you out finding a cost-effective solution.

Regards
Steven
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,161
6 Aug 2017
@Woorefugee

Would love to know what extensions you are using for the original $5000, especially as the website quoted is locked / blocked.

If the site were available, would I download the extensions from there ? NO !

Firstly there is no way to validate that the extensions have not been 'tampered with'.

Secondly, many of the WooCommerce extensions are developed by third parties who deserve to earn money from their hard work. Developing and updating any software takes time and resources. Would you be happy with somebody offering your product(s) or service(s) on the internet for free ?

If you have a gripe with the prices charged by Woo and are prepared to deprive developers of their reward, check out sites such as GPLVault or gplguru both of which rip off the original developers but offer plug ins and themes for a lower cost.

[Last edited: 6 Aug 2017]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
India India
twostopp
Kudos: 15
30 Sep 2017
@Bigian13
Thank you for the list, i was initially signed up with www.wordpresssoft.com . Their service is good, but now want to shift to GPL Vault to give it a try. As i majorly depend on woocommerce extensions for my clients.

[Last edited: 30 Sep 2017]
L.A United States
sharonj15jones
Kudos: 31
20 Oct 2017
@Woorefugee I don't think the price which you are mentioning for your extension is true. I can tell you a number of websites who would set up your whole website, extension, plugins and will give their services along with these products in less than the amount you have mentioned.
If it really has happened to you, then I would suggest you choose a different platform for your business, there are many platforms which let you switch your website and is quite simple.
CLM
Copenhagen Denmark
CLM
Kudos: 25
10 Nov 2017
@Bigian13 - I didn't know about these sites. Will have a look.
We went with Presidency.io to save a few bucks, as they, along with their WooCommerce Subscription, also offer an Easy Digital Downloads Subscription only, which we wanted to build a promo pool on top of (with EDD Frontend Submissions).
It have however shown to be quite a challenge, so will look into WooCommerce to see if that could be a solution instead.

StoreFeeder
xSellco 1
SellerCloud
plentymarkets