Comparing Apples to Apples, and being realistic

Poster
nathan2679
Kudos: 15
starstarstarstardim star
Comparing Apples to Apples, and being realistic
14 Jul 2017
We have enjoyed working with Solid Commerce for over two years now. We push every envelope they have with multiple marketplaces, multiple store fronts, and thousands of SKUs. The Internet space has become very complex. Working with Solid Commerce has only helped us propel to the top.

COMPARING APPLES TO APPLES, AND BEING REALISTIC

In the last 15 years in e-commerce, we have built three companies that do over 6 million in sales annually and sold two of them. We have used multiple Ecommerce platforms starting with Volusion, Magento, wireframe sites and now Big Commerce. Doing the same thing with integration platforms that promise the world.

What does all of this have to do with my review on Solid Commerce? There will never be a software tool or program that will solve every issue you have in business. It is not possible and not available. They all have issues, and they will all have bugs.

Our job is to pick one that fits our business model the best and what you can afford to pay. All companies come in different shapes, sizes and forms. They also come with various expertise levels. Are you a one-man band trying to run your entire operation? These are all factors that I do not see mentioned in reviews of Solid Commerce.

Our company was with Channel Advisor and Solid Commerce using both systems for one year. We are now with Solid Commerce. These are the only two companies that offer all of the features that we need. They both come with imperfections. That is right, Channel Advisor the Cadillac platform better be for what you pay for it. Channel Advisor has imperfections. That is right, you heard me, they have many imperfections. In fact, in some ways they flat out suck, and we had a lot of bad experiences with them.

Solid Commerce now has all of our business. We have over 200,000 SKUs listed, using multiple marketplaces, store fronts and always pushing the envelope. Is Solid Commerce perfect? Absolutely not, and if you ever have the mindset that you will find a perfect software platform that will not have issues, you are in the wrong business. At this time, Solid Commerce has been the best fit, the best to work with and by far the best price.

Solid Commerce has offered some of the best services I have seen in the industry. They stand behind their word and do what they say they are going to do. Could it take time, yes, but I will take someone's honesty any day. They offer the lowest prices for what their system is capable of.

In another review, I saw the pricing rule being bashed. They are right...it has imperfections. With that said try and go out in the market and to find a pricing rule software. If you have over 5,000 SKUs, good luck paying less than $1,000 a month. From the research I have done, it is worth the headache to put up with the imperfection then paying for the perfection in this one problem area. There is also nothing stopping a customer from using a 3rd party pricing rule software. You will still be way ahead of the game utilizing all of the other tools Solid Commerce has to offer.

To address being outdated old with bugs that I saw in a review, in my opinion, that is irrelevant to our industry. Every five years a company in our space has to reinvent themselves because there is so much change so fast. For example, how long has an API Jet connection and Walmart seller feed been around? less than 5 years and Solid Commerce has the capability to connect to both of them. Keeping up with the fast-changing space is very difficult. Overall, I think they have done a pretty good job.

We have enjoyed working with Solid Commerce for over two years now. We push every envelope they have with multiple marketplaces, multiple store fronts, and thousands of SKUs. An internet company has become complex. Working with Solid Commerce has only helped us propel to the top.

Report review abuse

xSellco 1
SellerCloud
plentymarkets
Sellware