New Site, and order fulfillment / quote / pricing hangups

Poster
Acheron
Kudos: 20
New Site, and order fulfillment / quote / pricing hangups
17 Jul 2017
Hello all,

I'm new here, but have found this site to be very useful. Apologies in advance for the long post!

I'm in the process of wading through the order management options that work well with Shopify, and considering combinations of options that meet our business needs. I'm hopeful someone in this community community has experience with similar operations, and can assist.

Our company integrates electronic systems and accessories, and isn't extremely well suited to the traditional online shop style of commerce. Systems we sell are complicated, and require input from our sales team to optimize/integrate with all necessary accessories. The bulk of our orders are quoted by or manually entered by a sales person.

With that said, an online shop is useful. It is a catalog, where customers can learn more about individual componenents. There is some organic reorder traffic of individual components replaced due to wear & tear, lost, upgrades, etc.

The complexity of systems we sell requires an extremely robust manual order system to handle phone orders, and quote capability. I haven't found an off the shelf shopify quote plugin, or an order management utility with a quiting functionality that seems to be robust enough to do what we need to do.

Ideally, customers could be emailed a quote with clickable links to the product descriptions in our web page, and a "let's do this" button that populates the quoted items into a shopping cart. Some quotes have checkout capability, but I'd really like to give shoppers the ability to pick up an extra part, or view cross sells/upsells, so this is more desireable to me than a buy now link at the bottom of the quote that circumvents the checkout process, even if it requires custom development.

I am also in need of a robust wholesale pricing program for this online store, with multiple discount levels assigned on an account basis.

I started looking at StitchLabs for multichannel fulfillment and inventory management, but there are some holes that have me questioning the subscription fee.

I realize that the quote / wholesale pricing issues could both be addressed as a shopping cart program, or in an order management suite. I'm quite happy with the former, as long as the admin interface is clean. The former is more concerning, as I've found the quote functionality in these apps to be basic, and I definitely want online checkout for wholesale price orders.

Shopify Plus seems like it could check all the boxes with just a bit of custom work, but I'm not sure I can handle the price tag.
United States United States
Acheron
Kudos: 20
Re: New Site, and order fulfillment / quote / pricing hangup
17 Jul 2017
A couple of additional points:

I'd probably prefer Shopify over Magento for the cart, as it seems like it would be the best way to get up and running more quickly.

I'm happy with vendors pitching products that could help.

Sellware
Cloud Commerce Pro
xSellco 2
2nd Office