horrible drop rank!!!

Poster
Bryan Vali
Kudos: 30
horrible drop rank!!!
4 Aug 2017
woooowww

Hey guys sometimes in some category of Amazon, we see a big drop on all ranks of products, like "rug pad" category about 2 weeks ago.

plz see these links!!
tiny.cc/sbpyky
amzn.to/2qxi5I8
amzn.to/2qdsIlx
tiny.cc/aioyky
tiny.cc/24oyky
amzn.to/2p6dvU6

what happened? do you know reasons?
did you see sth like that?!
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,379
Re: horrible drop rank!!!
4 Aug 2017
Hi Bryan,

Do you sell these kind of products? If the drop is across the whole category could it be a normal seasonal variation?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Bryan Vali
4 Aug 2017
@Andy First, thanks for replying Andy
No, I don't sell, but I gonna sell rug pad on Amazon in 1 month,
No, I'm not sure, because some of them have continued to high selling, If you check the BSR, You can see accrued high drop rank exactly after 29 Jun till now! it's not an accident, I don't think it's related to "seasonal variation".
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,092
6 Aug 2017
@Bryan Vali

Some of the main reasons that I have found for a drop in ranking of a product or category are:

Seasonal sales

Poor feedback - Does not appear to be the case on the listings provided.

Product availability - No / low stock from manufacturers often means less sellers = less competition and therefore those using repricing software increase prices possibly resulting in less sales of the product as buyers do not class it as value for money.

New product - Is there a new product out there with better keywords / search visibility that is getting the sales ? This could be in the same category, a similar one, or maybe even a 'sponsored product'.

The final one is that sellers have previously piggybacked onto listings, selling a different but similar product (maybe a non generic brand) at a lower price which has encouraged sales. The brand holder has then complained to Amazon about these sellers, the sellers have been removed, prices have gone up and the product is not so attractive to the buyer.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United States United States
Bryan Vali
6 Aug 2017
@Bigian13

Thanks for replying
I checked all the points you said but none of them happened
Did you check those links? please check Keepa history rank.
Thank you
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,092
8 Aug 2017
@Bryan Vali

I checked the first two, and they are still getting reviews, which means people are still buying them.

To be honest, I am always wary of third party apps and software that will tell you this that and the other about top selling items.

Look at a product, check the frequency of the reviews, check the Amazon Best Sellers Rank on Amazon, not on a third party app, then make your decision.

Item 1 (on your original post) is currently ranked at #8 in rug pads, the second at #16 . No possibility of what I would call a 'massive slide'. If it was in the thousands then I would be worried.

There has been 1 or 2 negative reviews in the last couple of weeks that may put off buyers, but based on what I see on Amazon, which is what your buyers see, there appears to be nothing to worry about.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

Cloud Commerce Pro
xSellco 2
2nd Office
Amazowl