Selling Amazon products on eBay? (arbitrage)

Poster
steveo9536
Kudos: 15
Selling Amazon products on eBay? (arbitrage)
14 Aug 2017
Hi this is Steve just getting started I want to sell Amazon's products on my eBay account but when I filled out the affiliate program when I went to finish i couldn't it said don't understand your request so I called and of course looked like an idiot because they said selling products on my eBay is a conflict of interest so I'm so confused now I don't know if I should try just copy and paste, dropshoping or arbitrage? Help please I have been eating and breathing this for the last 14 days and I know farther ahead I would love it if someone could get back to me asap

[Last edited by moderator: Made title more descriptive — 14 Aug 2017]
United States United States
shantilewis
Kudos: 37
Re: Selling Amazon products on eBay? (arbitrage)
15 Aug 2017
@steveo9536 If that's the case, then thousands of sellers are in deep trouble. Thousands of sellers dropship from Amazon to Ebay. They both are full of huge contradictions when they write its a conflict of interest. In fact I know someone who won a case and eBay knew fully that this person was drop shipping from Amazon. Also AMZL is causing a HUGE problem for the majority of sellers. Now with eBay's shipping and tracking situation, when Amazon sends AMZL, there is no way you can track their packages if your a buyer on eBay, so your customers cannot track, then some will do a sneaky and say that the item never arrived so that they can both get a refund and keep your item. YES there are massive amounts of dishonest low-life people out there, even some that live in nice neighborhoods. But a person I know won their case when the lame customer said they never got their item, which means he/she showed Amazon's tracking in a round about way through her account.

That's one issues, but for the most part you can lose your Amazon account IF they want to go after you, which means there are thousands of sellers on Amazon drop shipping to Ebay which could be targeted instead of you. My point is soon Amazon will be useless because of their AMZL shipping company. eBay won't put up with no tracking uploaded for long, AND AMZL aka Amazon wants to be greedy and start their own shipping company and has not come to an agreement with eBay for showing scans, so more and more Amazon is FORCING!!! people to not have a choice on shipping their items, and its their way of separating all the thousands of sellers from eBay marketplace. UNLESS they both come to an agreement, which it doesn't look nicely, they have been in talks for awhile, but unless they agree, its not worth losing your Amazon account, though thousands are taking that chance.. Its really not right or fair. They themselves ARE DROP SHIPPERS.. Amazon is a drop shipper, walmart is a drop shipper, overstock is a drop shipper... Seems they can do it but they don't want anyone having a piece of "Their Pie" they wish to be the sole monopoly on it.. Hypocrites really.
United States United States
shantilewis
Kudos: 37
15 Aug 2017
@steveo9536 So not to confuse you by my last post, I was rambling. Amazon is using AMZL to do more and more of your items using their shipping service. They want to have AMZL eventually be the exclusive way you ship and they do NOT give you a scan, at all, NONE. So when you have those items NOT have scans to upload to ebay, then ebay holds that against you, Amazon more and more is forcing their hand, more and more items they are shipping AMZL. I think this is Amazon's way of weeding out those that drop ship to eBay.

For awhile supposedly there was talk that Amazon was talking with eBay to come to an agreement but it doesn't look likely at this point. Amazon can technically shut down any account that is drop shipping to eBay. But thousands are doing this now already. Its all sketchy. If you can find another marketplace to drop ship from, and if more sellers did this, it may make Amazon think twice because they would in essence lose a lot of money if everyone started to use another market place source.

But again I know a person that had a customer that claimed they never got their item. When you dropship you can have links sent to your cell phone, you click the link and it goes to the item being shipped, and it shows you that it was shipped and gives an account of it, even the last place it was at and when it arrives at sorting facilities. Don't ask me why Beelzebub Owner of Amazon doesn't have to answer to the Feds or anyone as to not show scans and tracking like the rest of the world.... Because even the USPS has to show your scans !! So they think they are gods, little g unto themselves and don't have to do what the rest of the world does like UPS, FEDEX, USPS etc... My advice is find another marketplace to sell from.. eBay knows that you are drop shipping from Amazon and has not had a problem with that but its Amazon that does. If they pick and choose to go after you out of thousands you can lose your account.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,170
25 Aug 2017
@steveo9536

Just to make things clear (I think !), the Amazon Affiliate Program is not what you need if you want to sell Amazon listed products on eBay. If I remember rightly, it is designed for you to put a link onto your website / blog / facebook page that takes the buyer to the Amazon listing, and if they purchase the product then you get a commission on the sale. The contract is between Amazon and the buyer so you are not legally involved. The only thing is if the buyer returns the item, you do not get your commission.

If you are wanting to put Amazon listed products on eBay, there are software solutions available that will do this for you (I have not used any so will not recommend any). I have recently come across several eBay sellers (strangely mostly based in Israel), that do this. They are all legitimate companies (!!) registered in Israel, some even have valid UK VAT numbers.

Basically the software will scan Amazon and eBay listings and based on your parameters will then select and list the chosen Amazon products on eBay. When an order is placed on eBay, the software will then order the product from the Amazon seller with despatch straight to your buyer. You get paid from eBay, pay the Amazon seller and hopefully pocket the difference.

Things to be aware of:
Many Amazon sellers are getting fed up of other sellers making money from them and so are becoming very 'awkward' with regard to these types of sale. Some are even cancelling orders (and taking a hit in metrics) rather than supply the items. To be honest I disagree with this. If sellers are happy with the price that they are selling goods at, then they should not be upset if someone makes a bit more money.

If a customer asks you a question about a product, how quickly can you / the supplier respond ? Slow responses can equal unhappy customers.

If a customer claims they have not received the goods and the supplier says they have, who stands the cost of the claim ? With a buyer, one seller, one supplier, two selling platforms and no doubt PayPal involved, as well as the possibility of a card issuer / bank, there could be a lot of emails flying around.

Also be aware that buyers are becoming more aware of how to find the cheapest price for a product, so over time this type of fulfillment will slowly disappear.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

2nd Office
Amazowl
Volo
ManageByStats