Where do I sart?

Poster
MarBarthele
Kudos: 25
Where do I sart?
3 Sep 2017
Can someone share with me how they went about buying products the first time and where they went? I am new to this and there is so much to learn. What are the first steps to selling products online?

Marie
Marie Barthelemy
Chicago, Illinois United States
c.wooters
Kudos: 105
Re: Where do I sart?
6 Sep 2017
@MarBarthele

You start selling by starting to sell. Ebay is the easiest entry for beginners. You could even start by selling extra stuff you have around the house, to learn the ropes, before you start sourcing products.

I actually started back in the 1990's selling my oil paintings. What I quickly learned was how important it is to standardize your packing materials. Have one size envelope or box that fits anything you want to sell. Next printing labels is a real hassle. Spend the $70 upfront and get a DYMO label printer. 6x4 is the perfect size.

[Last edited: 6 Sep 2017]
Oxford, NY United States
kathleen
Kudos: 40
Re: Where do I sart?
22 Oct 2017
@MarBarthele I too, started by selling all the things I had accumulated over the years in my house. I had a lot of things that I never used and was just packed away........for what? Who knows? Now I am still selling some of that stuff but will pick up other things to sell from thrift stores, garage sales and yes, right on eBay itself. Buying "lots" of whatever, like books, music cds or costume jewelry.

After a period of time, I did find a brand new item to sell that is needed over and over by some people and is small and easy to ship. That is what I sell on Amazon and my own website and eBay too. But I am still selling the used stuff on eBay because it sells.

Good luck!

Sellware
Cloud Commerce Pro
xSellco 2
2nd Office