Which Software? My head is spinning with all the options

Poster
stillsearching
Kudos: 25
Which Software? My head is spinning with all the options
21 May 2008
I guess this is a good problem to have. There are many ecommerce providers to choose from. Or...are there? I've read reviews, product descriptions, company mission statements, etc for the past two months and I'm still as lost as I was when I started my research. Is there a way to compare apples to apples?

I need some major help!

We currently use MarkeplaceAdvisor. We've been with this company since it was called AuctionWorks. Our business has grown and we keep expanding our product lines. They are simply not cutting it any more. We need to go somewhere else, but it seems everyone wants a HUGE piece of our pie! And they want it upfront! Here are some of the things that are important to us....any recommendations would be fantastic.

1. Integration with eBay and Googlebase. We also use Yahoo, iOffer, MSN product load. Integration with these would be great, but not necessary.
2. Integration with PayPal, GoogleCheckout, PayPal express, and our own merchant account.
3. It must offer a storefront solution (ecommerce). Actually, make that a multi-storefront solution. We currently have 4 different website with completely different product lines. We have 4 eBay ids and would like to have it ALL in one place (inventory, marketing, listings, storefronts, databases - order, customer, etc).
4. We are okay with using storefront templates, but need a little flexibility with customization.

We're not asking for much I hope someone out there can offer some suggestions. I went to a seminar recently where the product being offered was StoresOnline Pro. It all sounded good, but once I got home and did some research, I realized it was bad news. We cancelled and got our money back. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thank you all.
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
Re: Which Software? My head is spinning with all the option
23 May 2008
Hi StillSearching,

I think we've got your requirements covered. Take a look at our website at www.sellcenter.net/laris. Send us a demo request so we can show you the software personally and how we can improve your business.

Thanks!
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com
California United States
stillsearching
Kudos: 25
24 May 2008
Thank you. I appreciate your response. I've requested a demo. I look forward to hearing from one of the representatives.

Is there any one else out there, preferably a consumer, who recommends any product?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
10 Jun 2008
Hi, thanks for posting

I can't give you a personal recommendation, but there is a quick way to narrow your options: not all that many services integrate with Google Base, so I'll start with this list of services that have Google Base integration.

That, along with your requirements to use your own merchant account and support multiple storefronts (!) immediately directs you to the high-end of the auction management software market. That's services like MarketplaceAdvisor Premium, eSellerPro, Infopia, Laris, Zoovy etc.

Another approach would be to tackle the multi-storefront requirement first and bolt on tools to handle needs like Google Base integration (Google Base Store Connector) and eBay integration (e.g. Auction Lister Pro). Those both work with osCommerce so that's a strong hint to look at that solution, or compatible shopping carts like Zen Cart. If you go that route it's important that you either have good computing skills in-house or have a great outside consultant to call on - the osCommerce approach offers you the most flexibility but it could be very challenging getting everything set up how you want it.

I don't know StoresOnline Pro at all. What I can say is that it's easy to get carried away at seminars and buy something that's not right for you. The best approach is what you are doing now: listing your requirements; researching solutions; and selecting the best fit.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
California United States
proshopp.com
Kudos: 105
12 Jun 2008
Hi Stillsearching

We do offer solutions to what you are looking at ,You can call me at 877-426-3253 Ext : 6009 for a demo

Thanks
Steve
www.Vendio.com
India India
blur
Kudos: 107
14 Jun 2008
Dear stillsearching,

Are you interested in having your business slow down to a grinding halt?

We have subscribed to Laris and have had a very bad experience with them. They will take your money and present you with what seems like fantastic support- which will dwindle down until critical issues (the kind which literally leave you unable to post) lie unresolved for months. If they were honest and offered a refund during those times that the software was unusable, their behaviour might be palatable.

We were also users of Auctionworks (which is now called MarketplaceAdvisor) and I remember their system as being unstable. But when it was, they always refunded our fees for the month when we asked. Their features are still far in excess of what Laris offers.

So why are we still with Laris if they are acting so badly? Well because they have an integrated shipping automation feature that is supposedly more efficient for dropshippers than ShipWorks (the software that Marketplaceadvisor uses). I say "supposedly" because we've never had a chance to use it and we've been with them for months. Doesn't that tell you enough?

We're hoping that maybe they'll reform, get their act together and be nice. But it's like the Holy Grail- forever elusive. You think you almost have your hands on it, until the system crashes again.

I've read your requirements and Laris is definitely not for you. What you are looking for is as follows (in order of preference):

1. CORESense (comes with ChannelAdvisor premium) (for over $2M/year)
2. Netsuite (with CA premium)- good if you do over $800K/year
3. ChannelAdvisor Premium
4. Marketplaceadvisor (Marketworks)

Alternatively you could use a CRM software with eBay functionality that can plug into aspdotnetstorefront. There are several out there. Aspdotnetstorefront plugs into Marketplaceadvisor and dozens of other solutions.

Feel free to ask me any other questions here. We have 6 different profitable online companies and have had experiences with almost every major eBay software out there.
Supplier
redstage networks
15 Jun 2008
Well, I'm sorry that blur has decided to act in this manor. We've been trying to get this client trained and selling on our system for almost a year now, while our average client is trained and selling in less than 3 weeks. We've encountered everything from having to fix bungled messes with their outsourced "design" team to being blamed for "system failures" when they tried to launch hundreds of 30-day core auction listings (not an allowed duration).

Our staff has created custom-tailored documentation and even gone in a manually fixed template coding issues, completely free of chrage. This posting is an unfortunate slap in the face to a team who has repeatedly gone above and beyond to try to help this client out.

I encourage all webretailer.com readers to contact us for our free demonstration and see for yourself how Sell Center strives to be your most valuable business partner.
United States United States
BestSellerdotcom
Kudos: 76
15 Jul 2008
I would agree a bit with blur and a bit with sellcenter.

There are issues with sellcenter, we had a trial last week.. It is an expensive piece and nothing is perfect. You will be spending 300.00 a month with sell center up to 1000 listings, then 10 cents after. Thats 3600.00 a year. If you decide to have them put together a website for you, they take 2% of the sales. There is also a 400.00 signup fee. Is it worth it?...just depends on your sales volume. There are cheaper options...this software is definitely intended for large volume warehouse sellers and they definitely want you to sign up for more services as your business grows.

The problem we have is a general one...not just with sellcenter. When you go with a company who hosts your information online..you are essentially going into a partnership with this company. They have your data, your credentials, and you eventually merge into their software. So you really have to find a company who you think you can trust and who you think will be fair. Because as your sales volume goes up and you rely more and more on their software..will that company go out of business or will they increase their prices? Then all the work you spent integrating puts you at a disadvantage.

[Last edited: 15 Jul 2008]
Supplier
redstage networks
15 Jul 2008
Hi Bestseller,

Thanks for trying our software! Have you spoken with your senior accounts manager about pricing options? There may be a plan that better fits your needs.

We definitely understand that going with a full management and automation system is a big commitment. That's why we are exteremely dedicated to making sure your partnership with us is an easy and profitable experience.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer or help I can provide.

Thanks!
United States United States
nvssinc
Kudos: 16
29 Sep 2008
Hello Sellcenter:

I'm interested in getting a demo of your software. I'll be upfront, though, and say that I will want to see pricing shortly after. I've been through too many demos where I have a wait a long time before I actually figure out how much I'll be spending. It's just a big turn off. I've shopped around and I know what I'm looking for. Please let me know how I can get a demo and some questions answered. Thanks.

NVSS
Supplier
redstage networks
29 Sep 2008
Hi nvssinc!

Actually, our pricing is right on our website. We used to make people go through the whole demo before they saw pricing, just because everyone else did. Well, we learned better =). Take alook at our pricing at www.sellcenter.net/laris/pricing.html. Also, you should sign up for our demo at www.sellcenter.net/laris/demo.html.

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office