dropship automation tool?
Closed

Poster
JasJay
Kudos: 45
dropship automation tool?
14 Jun 2008
I was talking to someone the other day on MSN. The guy is a ebay powerseller.
Anyway he sells like 1000+ products on ebay per month. Its the same products because he has a dropshipper.

So correct me if I'm wrong but when you deal with a dropshipper, you have to give them the customers details and the wholesale price right?

With a 1000 products and multiple dropshippers there is no way on earth that you can handle the sells process by hand. So assuming that people on ebay that sell that much don't have a full staff of people, how do they automate that? Or how do they put that on autopilot?

Or better yet is there some software tool that you can buy that would handle that for you?

Thanks
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
Re: dropship automation tool?
16 Jun 2008
Hi JasJay,

The problem is that all of the different dropshippers have different backend systems and handle inventory and orders differently. Usually a software automation system must be modified and "custom integrated" to work with your particular dropshipper's technologies. This is assuming that they even have the capability to accept orders and pass inventory with some kind of automated data exchange.

For instance, some dropshippers will accept orders by fax, by email, by spreadsheet, by FTP, by EDI, and the list goes on.

To make it even more complicated, the dropshippers with the best prices will usually be the closest to the manufacturer, if not THE manufacturer itself. Their technology to handle distribution to end users is often very difficult to work with.

Our system, Laris, has a lot of features built in for making working with dropshippers easier, but it's still no walk in the park, unfortunately. Give us a call if you'd like to discuss further at 888.33.LARIS.
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
17 Jun 2008
You could take a look at dropship aggregators like Dropship Direct. These services provide a single point of entry to integrate with many dropshippers.

However, as SellCenter points out, the dropshippers with the best prices may also be the least accessible.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
17 Jun 2008
Dropship Direct is actually one of the best we've used. Most of their prices are a bit high for eBay sales, but good for prices/product mix for Amazon and e-commerce sales. Give a call to Matt over there for more info.
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com
United States United States
JasJay
17 Jun 2008
Thanks for the reply's

I think what I thought was that there had to be some type of software that
would help you to automate that whole process.

I guess my question would be now is how can a ebay powerseller sell 1000's of
products from several of different droppshippers, give the contact from the buyer to the dropshipper and the wolesale price without working 24 hours a day.

Cause in my mind I'm thinking that If were selling 100 products from droppshippers how would handle all of that without some help. You know
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
18 Jun 2008
JasJay,

This guy is selling lots of products, but selling a lot is not difficult. What is difficult is making a good margin and not working flat out for long hours every day

You may find this topic interesting - Are sellers making money on eBay??

Making money using dropshippers will not be as easy as plugging in some off-the-shelf software and sitting back. As with all business ideas, if it was really that easy everybody would be doing it.

If you want to have a business selling on eBay, think about what you can leverage that's unique to you. Do you have contacts for a particular product type? Is there a niche category you are knowledgeable in? Most importantly, why would someone buy from you instead of your competitors - what would set you apart?

[Last edited: 18 Jun 2008]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
JasJay
19 Jun 2008
Andy ,

Good point man, thanks

ReplyManager
Sellware