Multi-Channel Software - what's the best and why?

Poster
Mike-Ecom
Kudos: 30
Multi-Channel Software - what's the best and why?
14 Nov 2017
I'm actively helping business' sell on multi-channel.

I'm keen to get everyone's thoughts on what software they feel is the best. In order to provide the best scenario: Let's say I own a business selling on Magento 2.0, eBay (globally) & Amazon (globally).

The picking, packing and shipping process is key.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,204
Re: Multi-Channel Software - what's the best and why?
15 Nov 2017
@Mike-Ecom

It is hard to say what is best, as most multi channel sellers are still with their original software provider, or have changed to a different one only due to horrendous problems with the original company. Limited usage / experience therefore makes it hard to quantify 'what's the best'.

Out of around 50 companies that I currently deal with, all but 6 use Linnworks for multi channel software, and only 10 use any version of Magento.

No matter what channels you sell on though, the picking, packing and shipping process should be the same. After all does the person despatching the orders need to know from what platform the order came from ?

From my personal experience, Linnworks takes some beating when it comes to order despatch. Orders can be sorted into folders based on many factors including SKU, destination, item location etc to speed up the despatch process. Pick lists can be formatted in a variety of ways to optimise the picking process. Despatch / shipping is straight forward with direct integrations with the major shipping providers. Emails to customers regarding despatch (when required) can be easily customised to native language / channel etc.

You also have to consider best value. Many of my clients fall into the 'low margin / high volume' category with turnovers from £1M pa to £6m pa. Linnworks prices £200 / £250 per month. Competitors (such as Veeqo) £675 / £975 per month, Channel Advisor, pass the smelling salts !!!. Just something else that every online seller has to consider.

Having had demos / sales speak from around half a dozen software providers, Linnworks is still my software of choice.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United Kingdom United Kingdom
nigel.dicks
Kudos: 28
16 Nov 2017
@Mike-Ecom I am doing exactly what you are trying to Achieve and I love my solution.
Zenstores, imports all orders from Amazon and eBay and other platforms too. I have a few taylor made filters which I select to then print off my Despatch Labels in bulk. I have 1 filter for example which is all orders over £XX which will print off the APC Label and email the customer with the tracking number and if they have entered a mobile phone number on ebay or amazon it will keep them updated on the tracking.

It prints off Royal Mails 2D Barcodes or just PPI label, it prints off Special Delivery and International Signed for, it works with APC, Yodel, DPD, Myhermes and more.

When the customer is on the phone you can search for them by loads of ways including Postcode, Name, Order Number etc.

You can also Print a VAT Invoice or non Vat if you need.

Its a great tool for providing the most efficent service to the customer and freeing up your own time to make more £££.

On top of all this, a quick email to zenstores support gets a VERY quick reply. Harry in the support team has answered every single question of mine on the same day.

Zenstores in the one for me.

Nigel.
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 12,497
16 Nov 2017
A post has been deleted because it's against our rules for suppliers to post recommending their own products.

www.webretailer.com/forum/174-posting-rules.asp

No more posts from suppliers please unless the original poster specifically says that they wants their input. Suppliers are allowed to send PMs about their products/services.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 3,204
18 Nov 2017
@Andy

So did the deleted poster try to sell multi channel software to the OP ? Obviously did not do their homework !!
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

StoreFeeder
xSellco 1
SellerCloud
plentymarkets