Which ebay analysis tool for a dinosaur?

Poster
Ian08
Kudos: 20
Which ebay analysis tool for a dinosaur?
28 Aug 2008
Hi,
I'm a silver power seller with a shop on ebay.UK, and currently seem to spend half my life trying to manually moniter competitors prices, post and packing costs, actual prices of the products sold, as well as monitoring prices on the net in general. We currently have over 300 listings, and we want to increase our product range, so I really need to find a tool that can do the monitoring more effectively. Ideally, I would also like help with adwords, selling success rates, and optimum selling times.

I've tried looking through the previous topics, but the nearest I found to my query was some months ago, so I'm not sure if the options have changed, and as you probably realise, something of a dinosaur - but one that wants to learn.

Can anyone please give me advice on which package, if any, could do what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Ian
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: Which ebay analysis tool for a dinosaur?
29 Aug 2008
Hi Ian,

There are not a lot of choices for eBay market analysis, and even fewer for the UK. The leader is Terapeak.

eSeller Street deserves a mention as you get a free trial, and so does AuctionIntelligence because it is the last full research tool to use page scraping (not official eBay data) - this makes it more flexible but at the cost of having to build your own data set over time.

That should give you the eBay data part, but won't help you with information on the net outside eBay. You could use price comparison sites for that (e.g. Google Product Search). The only more automated tool I know of is OneSource (Worldwide Brands) but its expensive, has no trial, and is US-focused, so not a good option for you!

Hope that helps.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Ian08
Kudos: 20
Re: Which ebay analysis tool for a dinosaur?
1 Sep 2008
Thanks a lot Andy.
It's much appreciated.

Ian

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo