Low cost /Open Source Software For Building Website

Poster
jk22
Kudos: 20
Low cost /Open Source Software For Building Website
11 Sep 2008
Hi

I am looking for a good software, reasonable customer services back up.

The website will be based on a few specific items and its variations which are listed on ebay. The items are not listed by me, I guess the software may filter them out and display them on my home page, or search through the categories I may add.

Something along these lines, anyone got any good ones to check out as a starter.

Relevent suggestions would be most appreciated

Thanks

[Last edited by moderator: — 14 Sep 2008]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
Re: Low cost /Open Source Software
12 Sep 2008
I'm not sure exactly what you want, but if it's a whole web site based around the eBay affiliate program, Build A Niche Store does that ($97). There are others like Dave's Cool Little Website (!) and My eBay Script. There are lots of people setting up sites with these tools so it will require a lot of imagination, hard work, and probably luck if you are to get anywhere with that.

If you want to add items on eBay to an existing website, eBay's own affiliate program tools (e.g. Editor Kit) are the best option, but there are alternatives here.

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
jk22
Kudos: 20
12 Sep 2008
Thanks for the reply.

Are there any user reviews of these programs on tis site ?.

If is was a specific two or three items, do you know of peolpe who are earning say £100 per month of it.

I know it would take a lot of SEO of the site, as most things come up from ebay in the first two pages. Making me think it may not be worth it.

Any experiences about ranking of this kind of site ?

Thanks
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
12 Sep 2008
There are no reviews of Build A Niche Store (BANS) etc. here because they are not listed in our directory - we don't cover that kind of software. This site is mainly for people buying and selling on eBay and other marketplaces, rather than affiliates.

Here is a blogger who talks a lot about BANS.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OneToRemember
Kudos: 85
Re: Low cost /Open Source Software For Building Website
16 Sep 2008
I think that it is worth looking at wordpress. You can raise static pages add =images, etc. Plus there are loads of pluggins and everything is free. There are lots of books and help available. My blog is run on wordpress but wordpress is not just about blogs - www.OneToRemember.co.uk/blog
www.EnergyBook.co.uk - the green, free alternative to ebay

www.OneToRemember.co.uk - sustianable living book and ebook shop

Please pop along and we would love to see you there!
India India
oliviaharis
Kudos: 15
5 Dec 2008
One goal of Ingex is to see what can be done with low-cost, commodity PCs. "On things like processing time and bandwidth to disk, we're really pushing the limits of what you can do with current hardware", says Fletcher. The improvements over the past two years have been significant. What were doing two years ago, when it was borderline, we can now much more easily do with off-the-shelf hardware.
------------------------
oliviaharis
Link Building
India India
swasa393
Kudos: 15
26 Feb 2009
Hi I am using aj auction software which is being a PHP /MYSQL Script providing complete online auction solutions.It is similar to ebay software.Just check it out at www.ajauctionpro.com

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister