Auction Management from Start to Finish

Poster
ARIIND
Kudos: 25
Auction Management from Start to Finish
30 Sep 2008
We have been selling on eBay for well over 6 years now. We have used different auction management programs and still have yet to find one that fits our needs.

We currently have 3 different warehouses, each with a different eBay username. So these 3 accounts must be able to be controlled under one account WITH employee restrictions.

We sell unique items! It's very rare that we get more than one of any item in our warehouse. So we need inventory management that can control THOUSANDS of unique items.

Shipping: We ship via UPS and the USPS but we want this included in anything we are paying for. A program lacking a shipping program is not feasible. We're trying to keep costs LOW.

Images: We like to take lots of pictures for our customers to view. However, we don't want to break the bank to provide these images.

We list roughly 45 items PER day. We relist whatever doesn't sell.

WE ARE POWERSELLERS with 99+ feedback.

We need inventory locations. Some software doesn't find it important to know what shelf your items are on.

RELIABILITY! We don't expect your service to be perfect. However, we don't expect numerous outages periodically that could last for hours.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: it shouldn't take days to get a simple answer. And just pushing the problem to the development team and being told to find an alternate method for the time being is NOT an option.

Basically, in a nutshell, we have 3 warehouses listeing unique items. If they sell, we print the label and ship them out. If they don't, we adjust and relist until they do sell. Any suggestions???
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,606
Re: Auction Management from Start to Finish
1 Oct 2008
HI ARIIND, welcome to the forum

Many auction management tools are geared to product-line sellers, and concentrate on automation rules etc., which won't benefit sellers of unique items like you.

Have you looked at Consignment Selling software? AuctionSound has the best reputation in that field.

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
ARIIND
1 Oct 2008
Thanks for the quick response. I took a look at AuctionSound. Naturally, it seems like a good system. The live support is a definite plus in my book since I have a problem now, e-mail it to the company (since hardly anyone offers anything but online support nowadays) and three days later, my question is answered. However by that time, my customer is ticked off and wants to cancel the transaction.

I see this program relies heavily on DHL for shipping. We don't nor do we intend on using DHL. It integrates with UPS but is there also a seamless integration for USPS and Endicia.com?

Is this software able to sepearate the inventories of 3 warehouses under one account?

The Consignor features seem awesome however we are a recycling company and don't have consignors, just "donaters" so to speak.

I ask these questions to the forum as opposed to the company because I do not want the runaround, I want honest opinions from their customers and competitors to make the best decisions for this business.

If anyone has any recent reviews or other insights into AuctionSound or any other auction management programs, I would love to hear your honest opinions! Thanks again!
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ebaysellersupport
Kudos: 35
3 Oct 2008
Hi ARIIND,
Welcome to the forum.
I had a read through your both posts here and would like to suggest you to look in to www.vendio.com. we are the leading solution providers for eBay sellers.we have all the options like supporting multiple eBay ids from once single account,seamless integration with UPS and USPS.we have excellent customer service where in you get resolution in the same day of your query.Like this we have many more features which would be a part of requirement.
Feel free to get in touch with me and we can discuss further or can have a demo session to give you a better idea about our services.
Thanks
Bill Morgan
US Phone No - (877) 258-8488 Ext - 6103
UK Phone No - 800-8456-702 Ext - 6103
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,606
3 Oct 2008
Hi Bill,

• Do you support multiple logins for one account with different permission levels for each login?
  • Can you store inventory locations?
  • Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
    Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
    Supplier
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ebaysellersupport
    Kudos: 35
    3 Oct 2008
    Andy,

We can support mutiple ebay ids in one single account and restrict permission for each user.

Yes!!! We can store inventory locations.

Thanks
    Bill Morgan
    www.vendio.com

US Phone No - (877) 258-8488 Ext - 6103
    UK Phone No - 800-8456-702 Ext - 6103
    ARIIND
    8 Oct 2008
    I have heard about Vendio and they have actually called me quite religiously. I am a little bit hesitant because I have read some reviews about Vendio and more seem bad than good.

I have heard there are some reliability issues. I had an auction management software that was completely shut down for days and cost us thousands. However they did give us a $100 credit. Are you kidding me?

Also, I have heard the customer service is subpar. When I have a problem, I want to be able to handle it then and there with an actual person and not wait days for an e-mail response.

Also, I have heard image hosting was a problem. Sometimes pictures would just disappear and customers would still be charged?

Finally, does Vendio offer reports? We have a commission structure here and many of our employees count on that extra money each month. We need accurate reports.

Desktop application? Is this one of those applications that has to be updated constantly?

Overall, Vendio sounds just like every other software out there. There's nothing jumping out at me to use this software.
    Supplier
    SellerVantage
    Kudos: 60
    13 Oct 2008
    Hi ARIIND,
    I wouldn't have replied since you are specifically looking for customer testimonials but the competition seems to be piping in. So..here are the short answers to your questions.

1. We provide multiple location management.

2. We are fully integrated with the UPS Worldship software.

3. We have a location/bin column in every relevant view for easy item management.

4. We are an extremely reliable web based service.

5. You may call us to chat about your specific needs so that you can qualify our service as a long term solution for your business.

813-470-7094

[Last edited: 13 Oct 2008]
    Brett Rush
    Product Manager
    www.sellervantage.com
    866-760-9418
    Email: support@sellervantage.com
    CommerceConsultant
    Kudos: 15
    10 Nov 2008
    Ariind,

My company is in a very similar situation. We are currently using ChannelAdvisor and are not very happy with the level of service for what we are charged. We pay for a lot of sales channels we do not use yet they are behind the curve as far as eBay's recent changes. Our auction listers create as many as 30-40 listings a day.

To AuctionSound and Bill (and the other users who have contributed):
    does your software package integrate with the eBay shipping calculator?
    Do you have a one screen (or quick) method for creating an inventory item and listing at the same time?
    Do you allow groups or SKU filtering so our concurrent users can manage their own inventory sets?
    Supplier
    SellerVantage
    Kudos: 60
    11 Nov 2008
    Hi CommerceConsultant,

In reply to your questions:

Yes, our software integrates with the eBay shipping calculator because we do not use the Third Party Checkout Method. This allows your UPS and USPS services to calculate properly in your listings on eBay.

We have a very simple method of creating Inventory records, associating them with groups and then preparing the listings. Actually, we have an import that can allow you to create eBay ready auctions from a CSV file for those with larger catalogs.

Groups help to keep the inventory manageable and you can also search by SKU if need be.
    Brett Rush
    Product Manager
    www.sellervantage.com
    866-760-9418
    Email: support@sellervantage.com

Volo
    Selro
    StoreFeeder
    World First