Customized eBay checkout solution

Poster
pdxsales
Kudos: 15
Customized eBay checkout solution
10 Oct 2008
Hey everyone,

I have a real need to customize my ebay checkout process. I sell an item in a dutch style auction that has color choices and the amount of time trying to figure out what color the bidder want is killing me now that sells are really picking up.

I know a feature like this is going to force me to use an enterprise level company. I have looked at Kyozou, Infopia, Zoovy, Vendio, and CA. Out of all the sales people I talk to it looks like Infopia and Kyozou are the only ones that can provide me a drop down menu or something similar at checkout.
Am I missing any other providers?

If I'm going to use one these companies I plan to take advantage of the other market places I'll be able to list in. Any feedback or firsthand experiences would be great!
United Kingdom United Kingdom
markb
Kudos: 146
Re: Customized eBay checkout solution
20 Oct 2008
eseller pro offers a ebay checkout which works ok, not great though but some of their other features are good.

the eseller checkout does offer a drop down for different shipping fees etc.

however one thing to consider...........

the external ebay checkout will be killed off sooner rather than later and they are pushing along to trying to only accept paypal as a payment method so dont go spending money for a setup cost for a checkout.

in my opinion just settle for 1 that just takes a % fee or very low setup costs.

eseller checkout comes with the package they offer. you just pay a % fee for the transaction which is resonable, so whether they pay by paypal, cheque or through the checkout - its costs you the same!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Customized eBay checkout solution
22 Oct 2008

markb wrote:

the external ebay checkout will be killed off sooner rather than later and they are pushing along to trying to only accept paypal as a payment method so dont go spending money for a setup cost for a checkout.
Agreed, Checkout Redirect is rumoured to be killed off in mid-2009.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware