Selling on multiple Ebay sites

Poster
ronm23
Kudos: 25
Selling on multiple Ebay sites
16 Jan 2009
I read with much interest your article "Make the Most of International Trading on eBay". I have been thinking about this as a strategy since last year.

Currently I am a ChannelAdvisor customer (having come over from Marketworks). I am selling on Ebay.com, Amazon, and have a web store, all through CA, pulling off of the same inventory. So far, so good.

Now I want to start selling on Ebay.UK as quasi-local seller. This is where my questions come up:

- It looks like the standard ChannelAdvisor package will NOT let me list my current inventory on Ebay.UK and have it listed in Pounds Sterling along with all of the other stuff. Is that true?

- Is there another CA product that will allow me to do this? I like the fact that I have one place for all of my inventory and the different sales channels pulls from one place.

- Is there another product that allows me to have one set of inventory and do order management while selling on a web store, Amazon, Ebay.com, Ebay.UK, and hopefully other Ebay sites?

Cost may get to be a factor but I want to get a feel for what is available and see if the cost will justify the order management ease.

Look forward to your reply.

Ron M

[Last edited: 16 Jan 2009]
Supplier
Shanghai China
MerchantRun
Kudos: 45
Re: Selling on multiple Ebay sites
19 Jan 2009
Hi Ron,

I am the author of the international trading article and founder/president of MerchantRun. MerchantRun's product allows you to share a single product inventory pool while listing and managing sales across 21 eBay sites. For example, you can list your product in the US using USD and on the UK using British Pounds. Our software uses a 1% prepaid commission model with no setup or monthly fees and we are currently offering a free trial of $25 credit. If you're interested in trying out MerchantRun GlobalLink, please go to www.merchantrun.com for more details.

-Ryan
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
19 Jan 2009
Hi Ron,

As you came to CA from Marketworks you will be on their MarketplaceAdvisor package.

Their flagship eBay/Amazon selling product is MarketplaceAdvisor Premium, formerly called ChannelAdvisor Merchant, and quite a different product to the standard MarketplaceAdvisor.

If you want to scale up with CA, MarketplaceAdvisor Premium would be the way to go.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
ronm23
Kudos: 25
19 Jan 2009
Ryan, I signed up for MerchantRun to see if it will work for me. You have a generous price point and it will allow me see if my strategy of selling on other Ebay sights will work and be profitable.

What I do not see on MerchantRun is the ability to sell on Amazon and coordinated selling through a web store, again pulling off of the same inventory pool. This has been a successful strategy for me since I have been on MarketAdvisor.

I will let you know what I think of MerchantRun once I have had some time to test it.

Thanks
Ron M
Supplier
Shanghai China
MerchantRun
Kudos: 45
20 Jan 2009
Hi Ron,

Glad to hear you're trying out MerchantRun GlobalLink. Regarding Amazon and web stores -- unfortunately GlobalLink does not currently support these sites, but it is something that we may consider in the future. Right now our focus is on enabling seamless global trade across eBay sites.

Thanks,

-Ryan

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister