Software News tagged "Purchasing"
UK multichannel management solution StoreFeeder has released a new feature to help sellers manage purchase orders.
A new "Requisitions" tab on the Purchase Orders page can be split by supplier or warehouse, and will suggest which products should be ordered along with the required quantities. Requisitions can also be automatically raised, but are adjustable and require verification before being sent to suppliers.
StoreFeeder has also made improvements to their API and dashboard graphs in the latest release, and added support for UKMail International and Packet Service consignment types.
Multichannel management system Linnworks has added a new purchase orders module to its cloud-based edition.
Linnworks Senior Developer Patrick Loney said, "We've worked hard over the last month to get the PO functionality ready. We're still polishing the corners and we're really interested to see what you make of it and how we can improve the page for all our users. Our next project is to add a Stock In screen into Linnworks.net, where we're hoping to improve the integration between Purchase Orders and Stock In to simplify your lives even further."
Today Linnworks users can use the new module to:
- Create and edit purchase orders
- Search by supplier reference, PO reference and location
- View purchase orders at different stages
- View the audit log for every purchase order
- Create, edit and review notes on each purchase order
A future update will add the ability to print purchase orders and email them directly to suppliers.
Purchase orders is one of the last major modules to be ported over from Linnworks Desktop and removes one of the final barriers preventing users from migrating to Linnworks.net.
Source: Linn Systems
The Spring release for multichannel ecommerce software tool CORESense includes over 10 enhancements to purchase order, transfer and receiving functionality.
According to Chris Martin, CORESense's President, "The CORESense Spring 2016 release begins a major platform upgrade supporting upcoming security and performance improvements and future quality, reliability and usability enhancements. We also made a number of customer suggested enhancements to the CORESense Connect Retail and Ecommerce Management Platform and extended the capabilities of our new CORESense Connect Point of Sale (POS) and Store Operations solution."
Notable features include:
- Point of Sale (POS) and store operations enhancements, including the ability to create and manage quotes, email receipts to customers during checkout, view items on purchase order and back order, as well as a number of improvements that decrease checkout time and improve customer service.
- Purchase Order Management Enhancements, including the ability to import vendor SKUs via CSV files to create or modify purchase orders and transfers, to add or delete vendor SKUs from an open purchase order, to update the cost of replenishment SKUs in the purchase order queue, to view all vendor SKUs in the purchase order queue, and to display totals at the bottom of the purchase order queue screen.
- A new Time Clock feature providing the ability for CORESense users to clock in and out from the CORESense Point of Sale. It also includes a management interface for correcting errors and exporting time worked data for input into payroll systems.
- Multi-Select Filter Options, making it simpler and quicker to select multiple filter options in the Retail and Ecommerce Management Platform.
- Reporting Updates, including a number of customer-requested enhancements to standard reporting tools as well as the Datamart enhanced reporting and analytics engine, enhancing the ability to analyze operations and make timely and accurate business decisions.
In all there are over 60 enhancements or new features in the release.
"Providing a constant stream of new features and product enhancements is a key part of the CORESense product offering", said Chris Martin, CORESense President. "The Spring 2016 release supports our mission of providing all-in-one solutions that enables the growth and success of our clients."
Inventory optimization tool Lokad has released the latest generation of its sales forecasting technology.
Lokad's "fourth generation" of forecasting technology, which they call a probabilistic forecasting engine, is now available for all Lokad clients. The new engine is a complete rewrite of their forecasting technology stack, and addresses many long-standing challenges they were facing.
The previous quantile forecasting engine had subtle limitations that are addressed in the new version. The new algorithms provide improvements in:
- Lead time forecasting.
- Integrated demand forecasting.
- New products forecasting.
- Stock-outs and promotions.
- Ultra-sparse demand.
The new engine is accessed from Lokad's scripting language Envision.
Multi-channel ecommerce ERP Skubana has enhanced its vendor and cost management functions.
It is now possible to import products from multiple vendors in one spreadsheet, by identifying each product with the vendor's name.
Product SKUs can also now have a default vendor cost, allowing the potential profit to be calculated before stock is purchased.
Ecommerce management system SalesWarp has a range of new features to support purchasing from multiple suppliers, including drop shippers.
SalesWarp can now receive inventory data from multiple vendors and push updates automatically to Magento, Bigcommerce, Shopify, Amazon and eBay.
SalesWarp supports multiple vendors that supply the same product, with rules to automatically route purchase orders or dropship orders to the vendor with the shortest lead time, lowest cost, or shortest distance to the customer or warehouse
Inventory can be automatically imported from vendors into SalesWarp via FTP, providing data on how much inventory is on hand and combining vendor inventory with in-stock levels to provide the total inventory available to integrated sales channels.
Multichannel ecommerce management tool Etail Solutions had added features which help manage inventory and FBA replenishment.
Etail Solutions' inventory and FBA replenishment feature calculates what, when, and how much to order. The platform uses sales history across all channels, along with demand profile data, to generate the projected demand for a particular product. It takes into consideration existing purchase orders and current warehouse inventory to estimate the optimal reorder date and quantity.
Source: Etail Solutions
AMan Pro, a listing, pricing and order management system for Amazon sellers, now includes an application to find under-priced items being sold by other Amazon sellers.