Ecommerce platform Shopify is building an integration to allow its users to list products directly to the eBay online marketplace.
With the new integration, Shopify merchants will have the opportunity to surface their brand and products to a massive new audience of more than 169 million active eBay buyers. eBay shoppers will benefit from added selection and choice from potentially hundreds of thousands of Shopify merchants.
This integration will also enable Shopify merchants to immediately sync inventory information such as product title and description, item specifics, price and quantity from Shopify to eBay. Customer orders will also be imported to Shopify and allow merchants to fulfill orders from both platforms in one location, while messages from buyers on eBay will also be visible within Shopify so their sellers won't miss any important communications.
"eBay is focused on delivering the best choice and selection of inventory to buyers across the globe," said Bob Kupbens, VP of Global Trust & Seller Experience, eBay. "This new integration with Shopify will bring even more great products to eBay buyers, while offering Shopify merchants the ability to seamlessly drive their business and brand at scale by tapping into our vibrant marketplace."
eBay joins a fast-growing list of other Shopify sales channels, including Amazon, BuzzFeed, Facebook, Pinterest, Messenger and retail via Shopify's Point of Sale, among others. These integrations are possible because of Shopify's Sales Channel Platform, a collection of APIs that can be used to add commerce to any site, app, or platform. Sales channels are an important part of a Shopify merchant's business strategy, with more than 60% of merchants selling in two or more channels.
The eBay sales channel is expected to be available in Fall 2017 for Shopify merchants selling in USD in the United States.
Multichannel management software Linnworks has added a range of sophisticated new inventory and warehouse management features.
The features include:
- Handling inventory batches, for products that need to be tracked by their manufacturing run.
- Expiry date tracking, for products that spoil if stored for too long.
- Adding multiple bin locations for items within a warehouse so products can be stored in more than one place.
- New product status reports to help identify products which are damaged, restricted, expired, sold or approaching their sell by date.
- Support for the First In First Out (FIFO) inventory method to reduce product wastage and the impact of inflation.
Marketplace repricing tool RepricerExpress now provides a detailed price history, has enhanced repricing rules, and includes new automations to automatically change strategy.
RepricerExpress provides detailed history for products' prices, showing when prices changed, why, position, competitor's prices, Buy Box information and sales. This is in addition to information on competing sellers, Buy Box history, sales performance and other specifics about repricing rules and frequency.
Repricing rule enhancements help sellers be more competitive, allowing prices to be set above MFN competitors but lower than FBA, or choosing to price only against sellers who hold the Buy Box, competiting against New price if lower than Used and much more.
- Auto-detecting long-term storage fees due and moving to be more aggressive repricing rule to sell stock before Amazon charges its fees.
- Auto-detecting low stock on Buy Box winners and moving to a very high-profit strategy until more stock is available.
- Auto-detecting Price Wars and moving to a near Max repricing strategy to avoid throwing away all your profits.
- Auto-moving products to a more aggressive repricing strategy if there have been no sales for six months.
- Auto-detecting if products have moved from MFN to FBA and switching to a different pricing strategy.
Multichannel ecommerce solution SellerCloud has added support for new marketplaces Tophatter and MassGenie.
Tophatter is a fast and fun auction-based flash sales site, where shoppers compete in fleeting, 90-second auctions to win deals of up to 80% off jewelry, electronics, beauty and fashion.
MassGenie is a crowdsourced marketplace, specifically designed and curated to provide a fun, memorable shopping experience. It brings people together to discover products, explore online communities, and share stories about common interests.
Marketplace and inventory management tool plentymarkets now connects to the Shopify ecommerce platform.
The new Shopify plugin was developed in-house by plentymarkets and provides a wide range of features. It is available free of charge and fully supported by plentymarkets.
plentymarkets provides powerful multi-channel and omni-channel functions, centralised stock management and a network of service providers for all of your fulfilment and payment needs.