ShipStation Announces New ShipEngine Platform; Launches Solutions Providers Program
Shipping software provider ShipStation has announces a new set of multi-carrier shipping APIs called ShipEngine.
ShipEngine provides shipping functionality directly to ecommerce stores, logistics and warehouse providers, system integrators, ecommerce application integrators and new application developers. The official launch was at this month's Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition (IRCE) 2017, in Chicago.
- Discounts on shipping.
- Worldwide major carrier support.
- Rate comparison across carriers based on rate, transit time, package dimensions, and more.
- Real-time tracking information that can be integrated into apps, email, or SMS.
- Global address validation.
- International shipping optimization, with automated international customs forms and invoice paperwork.
The ShipEngine APIs are available for a free trial at www.ShipEngine.com.
"We are excited to release these new shipping APIs," says ShipStation's CTO Tom Warmbrodt. "They are built on top of trusted ShipEngine infrastructure currently powering the most popular shipping/fulfillment tool in the e-commerce industry, ShipStation."
* * * * *
ShipStation has also announced the launch of its Solutions Providers Program. The program offers support for consultants and companies that want to refer and/or offer ShipStation to their medium- and large-sized ecommerce clients.
Nearly twenty companies have already signed up for the program, including Americaneagle.com, Gorilla Group, Kensium Solutions, eCommerce Partners, BTown Web, and more.
ShipStation offers the following benefits to Solutions Consultant Program members:
- Custom shipping rules for more complex users.
- Exposure as "certified partners" to over 40,000 merchants.
- Referral commissions paid quarterly for implementing a solution almost all customers need.
"Being able to refer our clients to a platform as robust and efficient as ShipStation completes the circle. From creating a website and optimizing SEO to building an e-commerce store, ShipStation is the final piece of the puzzle," says Jerry Borduch, VP of Strategic Alliances Americaneagle.com.