This article contains affiliate links. More information.
Whether you’re selling through your own store or on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Walmart, or somewhere else, there’s inventory management software that will work for you. Read on to discover the perfect tool to help you streamline your overheads, maximize your sales, and use every channel for your ecommerce advantage.
Here’s what you’ll find in this guide:
- The best value all-rounder inventory management software. These tools provide a wide variety of features suitable for most marketplaces and listings, at a highly competitive price.
- The best inventory management software for international selling. Learn about the tools best-suited for selling on marketplaces around the world.
- The best inventory management software for U.S. marketplaces. If you need support for up-and-coming sales channels like Facebook Marketplace and Google Shopping Actions, as well as the more established marketplaces, this is where to look.
- The best British inventory management software. The U.K. has a strong field of home-grown multichannel systems with excellent support for British marketplaces and parcel couriers.
- Our top multichannel inventory management tools
- Key features to look for in inventory management tools
- Best value all-rounder inventory management software
- Best inventory management software for international selling
- Best inventory management software for U.S. marketplaces
- Best of British inventory management software
- The next step of your multichannel journey
Our top multichannel inventory management tools
Here are the best inventory management, multichannel tools for the four key areas we cover in this guide.
|Category||Our Top Pick||What it does||Price range|
|Best value all-rounder||Ecomdash||A good all round inventory management and listing tool with a wide variety of helpful, out-of-the-box features. Recommended if you’re starting up with a new inventory management system.||Prices range between $60 a month and $350 a month. There’s a 20 percent discount for paying a year in advance.|
|Best for international selling||Shopping Feed||Shopping Feed focuses strongly on inventory management and marketplace syndication. They’re ideally placed for international marketplaces with a wide range of global integrations.||Between $39 and $399 a month depending on the number of products listed. You will also need to pay a commission fee.|
|Best for U.S. marketplaces||Zentail||Zentail has many integrations and a strong focus on U.S. marketplaces. They boast a very wide range of ecommerce and inventory management features.||Zentail has customized pricing by account, and does not list price plans publicly.|
|Best of British||StoreFeeder||StoreFeeder has a strong focus on warehouse management and logistics, as well as good inventory management functionality.||StoreFeeder charges between $225 and $1,400 a month based on your annual turnover.|
Key features to look for in inventory management tools
If you want to drive up profitability, save money, and get a good ROI on your inventory management tool, you’ll need to choose software that has the right features. Here’s some of the key functionality of inventory management platforms, so you can decide what’s important to you and compare your requirements against the features offered by each product.
You’ll want to consider:
- Does the tool integrate with a large number of ecommerce marketplaces, platforms, and other services with minimal configuration changes or development?
- Can you view all your listings, across all of your sales channels and marketplaces from one central platform, so you can immediately understand what is happening?
- Are product inventory levels immediately synchronized across all channels to prevent overselling of items?
- Can you manage all your products from one place, including bulk edits, imports, and exports to keep your product administration time to a minimum?
- Does the tool feature consolidated order management, so you can see all orders from all customers, together with fulfillment details?
- Can you manage your logistics and distribution centrally, including picking instructions, packing slips, shipping labels, and other order fulfillment requirements?
- Does the tool provide the right breadth and depth of reporting, from dashboard overviews to drilling down into costs and profitability of specific niches, brands, or individual products?
All the tools below provide these features, but to different levels. We recommend reading through their functionality in detail and comparing it to your most important online retail requirements. Be sure to take advantage of a free trial or a demo if there’s one available.
Best value all-rounder inventory management software
If you just want a good value inventory management system that does pretty much everything without too much customization or specialization, we’ve got you covered. The tools we’ve shared below work “out of the box,” integrate with the most popular platforms, and will help you start saving time immediately.
They’re a great starting point for most online entrepreneurs, and have the capability to grow with your business.
Top pick: Ecomdash
Ecomdash is a feature-packed inventory management tool that connects with over 50 platforms and marketplaces. To date, they’ve managed over $2 billion in ecommerce sales and listed over 150 million SKUs.
Ecomdash key features
Ecomdash provides a wide range of easy-to-use features.
- Complete listing management and updates. Download, report on, and update any products across any channels from a centralized platform. Use advanced filter and sorting options to easily find and make changes to specific listings.
- Synch your inventory across multiple platforms, marketplaces, warehouses, and services. Centralize and sync up your inventory wherever you’re selling, so you always know exactly how many of each item you have in stock and you never oversell.
- Wide range of integrations. Ecomdash works with Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Jet, Walmart, Woo Commerce, ShipStation, 3DCart, and dozens of other services and marketplaces.
- Consolidated order management. The tool tracks all of your sales across every channel and consolidates them together to make order management much faster and easier.
- Centralized printing, packing, and shipping. Print all of your distribution documents from one system to make picking and packing faster and easier. Ecomdash will also update customers on the status of their order and shipping.
- Manage the shipping process. Prioritize fulfillment by product and manage your logistics from a central platform.
- Dropshipping automation. Ecomdash can automate dropshipping, so when a customer buys an item the tool will automatically raise a purchase order and send it to the supplier.
- Automated routing dependent on seller criteria. Route orders to the right suppliers depending on rules and criteria that you set.
- Works for different product types and configurations. The tool can handle kits, multipacks, manufactured products, components, and other types of inventory management and sales.
Ecomdash uses a pricing structure based on the number of orders you process. Here’s how much it costs at various order levels:
- 100 sales orders or fewer a month: $60 a month, $576 a year.
- 101 to 500 sales orders a month: $90 a month, $864 a year.
- 501 to 1,000 sales orders a month: $135 a month, $1,296 a year.
- 1,001 to 3,000 sales orders a month: $190 a month, $1,824 a year.
There are also three more pricing banks above this, topping out at processing more than 10,000 orders a month.
Ecomdash offers a free 15-day trial period, with no credit card required.
Web Retailer users like Ecomdash, although some of them did run into issues.
Dustan D said:
The software has worked nearly flawlessly and was easy to transition. It’s easy to manage our orders and inventory. Ecomdash handles having different SKUs for each warehouse well and updates are fast and accurate.
Juliehmkim’s review included:
For businesses that are looking to simplify their ecommerce and inventory management operations, Ecomdash provides robust but simple tools to help centralize sales operations and maintain control over inventory in real time.
We have been using this program for 6 months and have nothing but praise for the staff. Suggestions are implemented, any issues that crop up are quickly dealt with and this company actually has folks that answer the phone. After a long 2 year run with trying to find the right software to use across platforms, we found Ecomdash and could not be happier!
We’ve used Ecomdash for two years and depend on them for effective and smooth logistics. They make multi-channel selling efficient. The reporting is essential to every day decisions. They are without a doubt the best thing we have done for our business.
Some users did report issues integrating Ecomdash with certain platforms, so it’s worth using the trial period to check that it syncs up well with the marketplaces and services where you want to sell.
Other recommended all-round inventory management tools
|Sellbrite||Sellbrite allows merchants to create and manage product listings, control and sync inventory and orders, and run reports from a centralized platform.||$49 to $399 a month depending on number of orders processed.|
|Sellware||Sellware works with retailers to integrate their sales channels across several marketplace and ecommerce platforms.||$99 to $295 a month depending on number of active SKUs.|
Best inventory management software for international selling
Online retail is becoming increasingly global, so if you want to sell across borders and around the world, you need the perfect inventory management system to power up your ecommerce business.
Top pick: Shopping Feed
Shopping Feed is a truly international inventory management tool with a host of powerful features to list and sell on a range of marketplaces around the world. They currently work with more than 2,000 sellers across more than 1,000 sales channels. They specialize in inventory syndication and order management.
Shopping Feed key features
Shopping Feed provides advanced features for international inventory management:
- Build and syndicate inventory listings. Shopping Feed provides specialized tools to let you create and edit listings in bulk, then automatically syndicate them to any sales channels and marketplaces you specify.
- Order automation. Synchronize and fulfill customer orders between marketplaces, your store front, and other sales channels. Shopping Feed automatically updates your customers on the status of their order.
- Order filtering, flagging, and sorting. Organize and manage orders and fulfillment with dedicated searching, filtering, and sorting capabilities.
- Smart rules. Use sophisticated rules to manage and update listings across your platforms and marketplaces including auto remove, tagging and variations, and custom product fields.
- Reporting and analytics. Shopping Feed features comprehensive reports and analysis including comparison reporting across different sales channels, return on investment (ROI) calculations, conversion tracking, and top product tracking.
- Marketplace competitiveness. Built-in search engine optimization for specific marketplaces to increase visibility. Also features auto-setup for popular platforms and marketplaces to get your products listed quickly.
- Create custom channels. Setup specialist channels and feeds for specific requirements like reporting, listing, or order management. You can create and configure custom fields, ready for specialized product or other information.
- Other features. Shopping Feed provides several other features including professional invoicing, vacation mode, team accounts and alerts, and built in connectors to Shopify, Magento, Akeneo, and Prestashop.
Shopping Feed pricing
Shopping Feed features three main price plans.
- The Shopify plan costs $39 a month, lets you list up to 6,000 products, and you’ll pay a 2 percent commission on marketplace orders. Some features are not included on this plan.
- The Startup plan costs $199 a month, lets you list up to 20,000 products, and you’ll pay a 1.5 percent commission on marketplace orders. Again, some features are not included on this plan.
- The Business plan costs $399 a month, lets you list up to 100,000 products, and you’ll pay a 1.5 percent commission on marketplace orders. Almost all features are included on this plan.
There’s also an Enterprise plan that lets you list up to 200,000 products.
Shopping Feed reviews
Web Retailer users love Shopping Feed, with the software scoring high marks across the board. Here’s what people said:
I have tested a few inventory management solutions. Shopping Feed is by far the easiest to use and the most intuitive software. It’s really easy to get familiar with their features and integrating it into our workflow was fast and easy.
K_k130’s review included:
The product is superbly designed for small and medium ecommerce businesses and has helped me to grow.
At first, Shopping Feed might seem overwhelming— the interface makes it easy to connect to multiple marketplaces, which I was not ready for at the start. Fortunately their customer support is there with you every step of the way and that’s the reason I gave this top marks.
Setup is extremely fast. Their software walks you through all the steps in a slick way to get connected to your channels. I connected to Amazon in 10 minutes, turned on my first product, and saw it in Amazon within another 5 minutes. Order importing back to your storefront from marketplace channels is automatic once the channel is open, with no configuration necessary.
Other recommended international inventory management tools
|Expandly||Expandly allows you to manage products, listings, live inventory, orders and shipping. It integrates seamlessly with more than 35 marketplaces and platforms. ||Expandly charges between $55 and $325 a month depending on the number of SKUs you want to list, your turnover, and a couple of other areas.|
|ChannelAdvisor||ChannelAdvisor enables automated delivery of accurate product data, channel management, analytics and the capability to expand internationally.||ChannelAdvisor has customized pricing by account, and does not list price plans publicly.|
|plentymarkets||plentymarkets is an all-in-one ecommerce solution that combines stock management, online stores and multichannel sales.||$129 to $249 a month.|
Best inventory management software for U.S. marketplaces
The U.S. is an incredibly desirable marketplace for online sellers. if you need support for up-and-coming sales channels like Facebook Marketplace and Google Shopping Actions, as well as the more established marketplaces, this is where to look.
Top pick: Zentail
Zentail offers a range of services that are perfect for U.S.-centric online sellers, together with some unique inventory management features not available in other tools.
Zentail key features
Zentail describes itself as a centralized ecommerce management system that links together all of your important apps, platforms, and marketplaces. They state that on average they increase sales by 62 percent in the first year, save over 100 hours a month through automation, allow for four times as much channel diversification, and provide a 100 times return on investment in their platform. Here are some of the main features:
- Command center for channels and apps. Zentail provides deep integration with many apps, channels, and marketplaces including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google, Jet, Walmart, Wish, BigCommerce, Easypost, ShipStation, Shopify, and more.
- Advanced product listing. Automatically assign categories and attributes to products across all marketplaces and avoid manual mapping and updates. Manage and edit all products across all platforms from a centralized location.
- Inventory management. Track, manage, and sync inventory quantities across all your sales channels and manage orders by channel and fulfillment location. You can also cancel orders, issue refunds, manually ship, and add routing information.
- Inventory forecasting and modeling. Predict likely sales and inventory changes based on past trends, reorder frequency, and holding costs to optimize when you place orders for new inventory with suppliers.
- Pricing and repricing. Price and reprice listings for specific products, channels, or marketing activities. Zentail also offers automatic, algorithmic repricing for the Amazon marketplace, which can help you win the Buy Box.
- Reporting, analytics, and profitability. Get reporting on channels, SKUs, brands, vendors, warehouses, and other criteria.
- Other features. Zentail also provides data feed management, import and export tools, supply chain management, and customized catalog views.
Zentail provides customized pricing by account, and does not list price plans or fees on their website.
Web Retailer users absolutely love Zentail, with 95 percent of them awarding the software top marks. Here’s a selection of what they said:
With Zentail, we were able to onboard all of our items onto new marketplaces quickly. Furthermore, we’re able to sync all of our inventory whether it’s at our warehouse, Amazon (or Deliverr for Walmart sellers). Lastly, I can quickly create custom bundles/kits that pulls from the original inventory without having to dedicate inventory space.
Martyallen77’s review said:
The Zentail team has been a great help in the switch and staying with them. They are helpful when I have questions, if they don’t have a solution or know an answer, they work to find the solution or make a solution. No other company I’ve worked with has gone above and beyond in the way these folks have. They truly are an awesome company that cares about their customers and their success!
From imagemicro.com’s review:
They listen to our needs and responds with great features. With native connections to popular marketplaces as well as some up-and-comers, Zentail makes managing my 3,000 SKU inventory easy across multiple marketplaces.
Zentail has been an amazing solution from the beginning. We began with them when they first launched and have seen nothing but improvements since. Flawless execution on all fronts. Easy-to-use and user-friendly.
Other recommended inventory management tools for U.S. marketplaces
|Sellbrite||Sellbrite allows merchants to create and manage product listings, control and sync inventory and orders, and run reports from a centralized platform.||$49 to $399 a month depending on number of orders processed.|
|StoreAutomator||Multichannel listing and product data management software that manages and syncs pricing and inventory across all sales channels.||$250 to $450 a month depending on required features.|
|SureDone||SureDone provides comprehensive onboarding, support, and curated services such as listing management, customer service and warehouse fulfillment.||Starting at $499 for growing businesses and $999 for enterprises.|
Best of British inventory management software
If you’re in the U.K., and want to use a locally developed system from a company that understands British businesses and has a customer support team in U.K., this is the place to look.
Top pick: StoreFeeder
StoreFeeder key features
StoreFeeder focuses on both inventory management and warehouse / logistics management. It’s best suited to retailers who manage their own warehouses or who have a third-party logistics provider.
- Listing management. Upload products, map listings, and sell across all channels. Easily adjust prices, create product variations, and update stock from a single interface
- Centralized, automated order management. View, manage, and process all orders from all channels and marketplaces from the StoreFeeder platform.
- Integration with popular UK and international marketplaces and services. StoreFeeder integrates with Amazon, eBay, Flubit, Game, Mirakl, NewEgg, OnBuy, Rakuten, BigCommerce, Blue Park, Magento, Volusion, Shopify, and more.
- Courier and fulfillment services. Complete integration with distribution providers including email notifications, tracking, shipping labels, invoices and packing notes.
- Intelligent warehousing. Manage and optimize picking, packing, and logistics across multiple locations.
- Stock replenishment. Monitor stock levels and reorder from suppliers quickly and efficiently.
- Inventory management. Track and manage your inventory across all platforms and channel listings. Sync inventory levels across all marketplaces and relist products automatically as soon as new stock comes in.
- Payment processing. Complete payment processing integration with popular gateways, including UK VAT calculation.
StoreFeeder provides different price plans based on your annual turnover, as follows:
- Turnover £500,000 a year or less: £225 a month.
- Turnover £500,000 to £1 million a year: £350 a month.
- Turnover £1 million to £2 million a year: £500 a month.
- Turnover £2 million to £3 million a year: £750 a month.
- Turnover £3 million to £4 million a year: £1,000 a month.
- Turnover £4 million to £5 million a year: £1,400 a month.
They provide special pricing if your annual turnover is more than £5 million a year. You can also pay an additional fee to add new users to your account., although their default limits are generous.
Web Retailer users unanimously love StoreFeeder, with the software gaining top marks across all reviews. Here’s a selection of what people are saying:
Excellent service. StoreFeeder are excellent at answering questions and working with you, and the staff are all very helpful. We currently use Amazon (including FBA), eBay, Magento, and WooCommerce, and all platforms integrate very well. Stocktaking and keeping track of listings is now so easy.
From hello64’s review:
It’s a very easy to use software, it integrated quickly, and updates very fast. Support and on-boarding is thorough, and informative. The software helped me to increase my eBay listings by over 150%.
StoreFeeder enables us to process all our orders from one place and with just a click of one button we can print all our orders off. The product section is also very good. It shows all your products in one place and has loads of information on each product. Listing from StoreFeeder is quick and easy. The section I love the most from StoreFeeder is the ability to import and export information from the system.
SP18’s review included:
StoreFeeder now manages all of our stock levels and allows us to sell across multi-platforms without the hassle of overselling (but there is the option to use oversell which is also great!). We haven’t set up ordering yet, but it seems quite easy to do and will make our lives even easier with automatic purchase orders being created. We would highly recommend StoreFeeder for all online e-commerce businesses!
Other recommended British inventory management tools
|ChannelGrabber||ChannelGrabber is an ecommerce management tool that combines marketplaces and storefronts into one system.||Prices vary between $120 and $2,880 a month depending on number of orders and other features.|
|Cloud Commerce Pro||Cloud Commerce Pro is a multi-channel management solution with support for selling through wholesale, websites, marketplaces and in-store retail outlets.||Cloud Commerce Pro does not list price plans publicly.|
|Expandly||Expandly allows you to manage products, listings, live inventory, orders and shipping. It integrates seamlessly with more than 35 marketplaces and platforms.||Expandly charges between $55 and $325 a month depending on the number of SKUs you want to list, your turnover, and a couple of other areas.|
The next step of your multichannel journey
A good inventory management platform is one of your most powerful tools in fighting for online retail domination. Once you’ve set them up and configured them properly, the centralization and automation they offer will save you dozens of hours each month and help you meet your order and customer service requirements, wherever you’re selling.
We recommend trying two or three different multichannel inventory management systems to see what’s perfect for you. Remember, these can have a bit of a learning curve, but you’ll be rewarded for the effort you put in!
Affiliate links in this article: Ecomdash, Sellbrite, Shopping Feed.
Non-affiliate links in this article: ChannelAdvisor, ChannelGrabber, Cloud Commerce Pro, Expandly, plentymarkets, Sellware, StoreAutomator, SureDone, StoreFeeder, Zentail.