Amazon book seller suffered a lot of malicious returns

Poster
cowboy
Kudos: 15
Amazon book seller suffered a lot of malicious returns
2 Aug 2019
As an Amazon book seller, recently I suffered constant returns from a Mara Vish,Lisa, Nadia, Anna Mir. They all have a same address:

Mara VishPOEvgeniy-Mara Vish
72 N BROADWAY ST
DES PLAINES, IL 60016-2348

They are constant retuning books for no good reason (inaccurate web description). Its getting kind of annoying.

Up till now only Mara Vish placed 130 orders in my account and returned all of them. She even filed dozens of claims while we still didn’t receive the returns. I reported them as a abusive buyer to Amazon, and ask them to look into her buying history. Hopefully Amazon can help to resolve it.

I also searched Mara Vish in Amazon seller forum and found great many book sellers were suffering the same attack from Mara Vish. These malicious buyers began their dirty actions since 2018.

If you are book sellers on Amazon, please be careful of Mara Vish with the address: Mara VishPOEvgeniy-Mara Vish
72 N BROADWAY ST
DES PLAINES, IL 60016-2348
Herts, England - Not specified -
Andy
Kudos: 13,304
Re: Amazon book seller suffered a lot of malicious returns
3 Aug 2019
Sorry to hear about this.

Any idea why they are doing it? Is it to get free books to resell or to damage your reputation?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Israel Israel
Subivi
Kudos: 43
Re: Amazon book seller suffered a lot of malicious returns
22 Aug 2019
@cowboy

Sorry to hear that you are being victimized! As I am sure you are aware most marketplaces, are more pro-buyer than pro-seller. The reason as I am sure you have deduced - buyers have the money and marketplaces want to placate them and keep them coming back for more. Here are two things I recommend you do:

A. Change your business strategy and diversify as a risk aversion tactic. I recently wrote a post about Single-Channel Vs. Multi-channel - check it out for some in-depth insights about this business strategy. If you are currently only selling on Amazon, your entire business is at their mercy but if you have multiple stores and multiple sources of income - you will be less fragile as a business as well as be able to expand the scope of your sales numbers.

B. More on point - I recommend that you report a buyer violation through seller central:

StoreFeeder
Sellware
StreetPricer